• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Blushing Bride almost finished?

Started by ditto1118, November 02, 2008, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ditto1118

I think I've almost got this one finished. I've been having trouble trying to get the tree looking right without making it look fake or painted. Does it look too dark now?

I really appreciate the advice I got on my previous post for this photo and used your tips to do the shrubs in the background. Thanks!

Hannie

Hi Leah,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first OPT restore, it looks beautiful!
I don't think the tree is too dark, it looks fine.   The shrubs look very realistic.

I know you have already done the levels adjustments and it may be my monitor but the photo seems to have a bit of a red cast.
I add a curves adjustment layer and used the white color sampler on the shoulder of the dress (1) and the black color sampler on the tree trunk just above the veil (2)

Great job!  :up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

ditto1118

Hannie,

You were right about the red cast, I went into curves and made the adjustments you suggested. Now I think the photo is complete! Thanks so much for your feedback and curves tip, I really appreciate your help  :)

-Leah

Hannie

It's my pleasure hun!

(Leah, the first time I read that answer on this forum I almost fell on the floor laughing.  I live in the Netherlands so English is not my first language.  I thought the volunteer that posted that remark was so happy to have a "pleasure hun"  ;D)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25