• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lost in translation - a moderate skill level meets a difficult image

Started by KCarlon, March 01, 2007, 08:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCarlon

Or . . . .

be patient with me!

KC

kiska

KC, you're getting closer. I think you need a    /img     inside the last bracket.

TAH DAH!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

KCarlon

I added two separate posts, neither show up for you? I can see code in the first but get a thumbnail in the second posting.

KC

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Hi KC,

I think you have just chosen the wrong URL.

If you follow the leads in my previous post you get the full image.

You have picked yourself a killer, unless there is a lot of detail in channels, this looks like a good candidate for a vignette to me.

Lots of luck with it and I'm sure you will get lots of good help here.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Kenny

Ok, my ignorance is showing here, but what exactly is a vignette?

But why is the rum gone?

Ausimax

Hi Kenny,

A vignette is just an oval framing within the photo, like the photo Kerry is doing.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ziaphra

I agree with Max. It looks like he's sitting in a wicker chair on the porch, possibly flower baskets/flowering  tree or even a Christmas tree behind him on the left.

Kenny

Quote from: Ausimax on March 03, 2007, 02:53:26 AM
Hi Kenny,

A vignette is just an oval framing within the photo, like the photo Kerry is doing.

Max

Thanks, Max. I've seen the technique and used it myself, but didn't know what it was called.  ;D

But why is the rum gone?

Kenny

Quote from: KCarlon on March 02, 2007, 11:47:29 AM

be patient with me!

KC

Patience is only one of the things you'll learn here  ;D

I agree he's sitting in a wicker chair. It's so hard to make out exactly how his legs are orientated, though.

I would concentrate on the faces first, then the hair, then the upper bodies. Those are the main focus of the picture. Post your results and together we can come up with what to do with the rest.

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?