• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What's on the table?

Started by Hannie, October 10, 2007, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I finished 6 photos in 3 days but this latest one I have been staring at for over a week!  I can do most of the damage OK but the table and the baby face are a nightmare.  I don't recognize any of the bottles and cans on the table, any ideas?  Also the face of the rugrat is hard to restore, can't find too much info in the channels myself.

If I'm going to blur the table and what's on it, it will look kind of out of place with the rest of the restored photo. 
I'm posting the original, no work has been done on that one yet.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rockthumper

Looks like a rather sparse drinks tray to me...
A blue and silver can of (possibly) light beer, two green bottles of (maybe) ginger ale and the ubiquitous red paper cup. All on a red serving tray of some sort. I'm sure you can see all that too - are you after brand names Hannie?
The guy with the mustache - it's possible we can see part of his hand and he's holding a pipe... or I could be hallucinating again.  ::)

kiska

For the baby, maybe a little shadow/highlight then paint. Needs work on the mouth, I know.

http://www.pbase.com/ob/image/87010072

http://www.pbase.com/ob/image/87010073

http://www.pbase.com/ob/image/87010074
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Thanks RT, yes I'm after the brand names of the bottles and the can so I can tidy them up a bit.  I thought the setting was in a kitchen and the tray is a (round) table.  I can't see the pipe, have to have another good look at that one!

Hi Kiska, that is one great looking baby, thank you, will have to try and do that!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

My guess is the red and blue can is a Pepsi can.  This photo is probably 20 years old, as I know that the toddler is now 20.  I don't see a pipe, and I think the man with the mustache has his hand under the table.  As for the green bottles, I'd guess Canada Dry ginger ale.

Hannie, I'd be OK with a slight bit of cropping at the bottom.  I'd be willing to guess that the elderly lady is the most important part of this photo.

Good luck!

Chris

Hannie

Christine thanks for the input!
I will have a look for Pepsi can and Canada Dry Gingerale pictures that I can use for the photo.  Í had the same thought as you do about the importance of the lady in the photo but I also like to keep as much intact as possible. 
I probably just have to get off my high horse and not worry about handing in a photo with funny looking bottles and cans! (Not to mention the fearful faceless baby!)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Latest version of the monster!  Just kidding, apart from the table and the baby it wasn't that bad a photo...  I couldn't find the right pictures of the soft drinks so I decided to use a heavy blur.  I have been looking at this one too long, did I miss anything?  Thanks for taking the time to look for me!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Hannie

I took a "mental health day" off from my job, so I'm having a great day on the computer. (Crap, I just realized that's what I do all day at work!)  But here I can have cat butts in my face (hard to see the monitor) and I've been able to look at everyone's OPR work and continue to be amazed at the talent in this group!  I even spent the morning working on my beautiful little girl, who finally has a discernible face and partially clean clothing (whatever it is!).

I only see one thing I'd change on your masterpiece, and it jumped at me as soon as I looked at it.  The folds in the young man's sweater appear to be askew compared to the original.  There's one short fold just under his right underarm and two folds that run diagonally from the upper part of his chest on the other side to just below the small fold.  I don't see any other pleating running in the opposite direction.  Right now he looks as if something's poking at his shirt from the inside (Oh, no! not the chest-burster!).

You've done a masterful job, especially on the baby.  I think the blurred bottles and Pepsi(?) can work fine – that puts more emphasis on the people.  Great work.

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Charlene5

Hannie I only see one thing - is that dark blotch on the base of the neck on the far right damage?  It doesn't look right to me. 

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

The bottles etc look fine Hannie. I'm with MJ on the blotch, its rather odd. There also appears to be a light piece going up from his left eye?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Nice job  :up:

The can and bottles look great blurred.  One little thing if I may pick on is the shadow of the bottles and can.  It appears to be a built-in flash on the upper left corner of the camera that was used to take this picture.  So there should be a line of shadow at the right of the can casted on the plaid shirt.  The avocado green wall jumps out on me.  You might want to add some gradient, texture and burn to it.  OK.  That's more than one thing.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

There's just a little red eye in gramma and young man to correct, but it's looking good!

Hannie

Thank you all for the eyes!  Now I can put in the final touches and send grandma home! 
It amazes me every time how you can spend more than a week looking at a photo and not notice s.t. as simple as red eyes!  (thanks Candy!)
Chen, I will fix the shadow of the pepsi can, the avocado wall is actually that color after tonal adjustment, I will try to tone that down a little as well. 
Tess, the light piece going up in the eye is damage that I just totally ignored!  The little dark blotch in his neck is actually, well, you know, body hair!  It does look a bit odd so I will tone it down just a little.

Glenna, I was hoping that no one would notice that I knit the young man another sweater, it turned out a little on the large side, hence the folds and creases!  I will try and even that out a little, hate those aliens poking out of peoples chests all the time, don't you?  (a cats butt, any time!)  ;D

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Latest attempt, thanks for all the help!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]