• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

last looks--

Started by LSC, July 30, 2007, 07:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSC

Glenna, Max and Chrisitne -- I am on a Mac with CS2 and I foud the multiply and it was amazing,. Thanks to you three especially for your support and help. I have just posted my guy back to CHristine.
And now I have to be away for a while; I start shooting on Thursday and I will be back around September 10th. This has been an important and gratifying and wonderfully challenging experience.  When I come back in Sept I will have taken a few more workshops to hone my newbie skills. Thank you all again. See you in September--  rememebr that one? ;D  Lee

Tess (Tassie D)

He turned out beautifully Lee. Have a good break.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

OPRAng

It looks like you have spent a lot of time with this guy. I think one of the hardest parts of doing these restorations is finding that fine line between trying to make it all better (aka doing a little too much) and leaving well enough alone before you cross the line.

I am not sure how to fix this guy up, but take a peek at Glenna's shot at it. She managed to find a way to keep things smooth while bringing out a lot of detail. If you get too far into fixing things you miss the subtly and the integrity of the photo.

All that philosophical junk being said, this guy looks a little funny. His eyes seem off and there is something weird with his head shape. I am really sorry to be such a pain, because my "education" so far is to see what is wrong, but not far enough to be able to help you fix it.

Thanks so much for working so hard on this guy. And please don't feel like it is a restoration competition--that was not my intent. I love how we all learn so much from each other. We are in the business of restoring memories not recreating perfect photos.

Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

klassylady25

Your uniform will have the US insignia on the right collar; our left.  The left collar would have his unit affiliation but there's no hint of it now so best to leave it off.  As you can see there is a hint of the US, however it is faint.  Also, your cover will have the Army insignia.  I've shared 2, one WWII era and the other new.  Perhaps you can blend the two to get the best of one. 

He's really come far.

Candice

LSC

Candice- Thank you for the badge for the collar! I will go back and add that. I think I can do it.  Thanks, Lee

klassylady25

Quote from: LSC on August 01, 2007, 02:30:40 PM
Candice- Thank you for the badge for the collar! I will go back and add that. I think I can do it.  Thanks, Lee

You're very welcome.  And it's called a disk.  lol  I'm continually learning new things.  Everything on a uniform tells a story.  For example, the disk on his cover means he's enlisted.  If he were an officer he'd have just the eagle, but it wouldn't be placed on the disk. 

My son helps me a lot with things and a very good friend who served in the military does also.  If you ever have any questions I'd be glad to help.   My resources are numerous as is my portfolio of military information. 

:hug: Candice