• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is your oppinion on this...

Started by GP, February 25, 2007, 09:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

I am just starting on this restoration and I am not sure if the <haze> in the lower part of the picture is an effect applied on purpose or is it damage.
Any input and suggestions on how to deal with this are greatly appreciated  :loveit:
Gerlinde

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

Gerlinde

Because the softness is so even, it appears to me to be a deliberate effect.  I suspect it's to allow the focus to be on their faces.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Peter_AUS

I agree that it is more likely an effect applied to the photo.
Regards,

Peter

klassylady25

The fade follows to far up on the lads suit.  I'm on the other side of the fence and think that it's simply faded there.  Why not do two photos to offer the family and then they will have the choice.

Mearly a thought.

Candice  :-*

GP

Thank you all for your responses!
But you can see my dilemma here. I am not even sure if I will be able to remove the fuzziness, but I will give it a try and than submit both versions like Candice suggested.
Gerlinde  :cool:

Ziaphra

kiska

I THINK it is a deliberate diffusion filter (on the camera) effect used by the photographer. The damage has amplified it too much, especially on the clothes. I believe it is supposed to have a sorta 'dreamy, angelic' appearance. (Boy, that photog doesn't know much about kids!!!!! :funny:)
It's used frequently on TV, in movies for older actresses. I'm sure you've seen it.

Here's one approach. It is a quickie, NOT twaeked.

http://i5.pbase.com/o6/93/579993/1/74945759.D5jPr9B8.gerl.jpg

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

GP

Thanks kiska, that looks really good! I will try that out tonight.  :loveit:

Gerlinde

GP

This is the current stage of this image. I'm still not happy with the girl's hair, but it is getting close.

Ausimax

Hi Gerlinde,

It is looking very good, except for that tuft of hair on the girl - HAIR! Yuck! Lots of luck. :wow:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ratz

What an adorable photo. You are doing a great job with this GP :up:

glennab

Hi Gerlinde

I only see two small problem areas: the hair already discussed and the little boy's chin area, which looks a bit washed out to me.

They look wonderful!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

To add to Miss GG, I see a bit discoloration around the boys eyes.  I think that the term is "motly".    May be something to look at.

Candice

GP

Thank you all for looking at my work, sorry I haven't responded earlier. It was Monday and one of "those days" at work.  :wow:
I will keep all the things you pointed out in mind when I have another go at it. I wish there would be a good way tho repair hair damage. I down loaded all kind of hair brushes for PS, but either I can't figure out how to use them or they are useless in the way they are creating patterns. Anyone know of a perfect hair plug-in or something like a magic hair cloning tool?  :(
G.

Kenny

Quote from: GP on March 06, 2007, 02:25:38 AM
Anyone know of a perfect hair plug-in or something like a magic hair cloning tool?

If you find one, let me know , I could use one too  ;)

But why is the rum gone?