• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Republication of photos from OPR Galleries

Started by macieklew, February 27, 2008, 09:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macieklew

Hi,
Are we allowed to republish pictures from OPR (especially from "Before and after" gallery) in another portal or blog?
I'm going to write an article about OPR and I'd like to show my readers what are we doing here. My story's going to be publish on Polish citizen journalism portal www.wiadomosci24.pl

Is it OK, or not - what do you think?

cmpentecost

I think it is fine, but please make sure that any identifying information about the photo owners (name, address) is removed from the image.  Thanks for helping to spread the word about OPR!

Christine

macieklew

Thanks a lot, Christine.
I'll remove all the identifying infos from the photos.

Mhayes

Hi Macieklew,

Would it be possible when the story is published that we could have the link and maybe a translation? I've just started looking at your own personal website, which is very interesting and quite impressive. Your pictures are beautiful!

Out of curiosity, how long have you lived in Scotland and how did you first hear of OPR?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

John

Quote from: macieklew on February 27, 2008, 09:44:36 AM
Hi,
Are we allowed to republish pictures from OPR (especially from "Before and after" gallery) in another portal or blog?
I'm going to write an article about OPR and I'd like to show my readers what are we doing here. My story's going to be publish on Polish citizen journalism portal www.wiadomosci24.pl

Is it OK, or not - what do you think?

I only ask that you don't link directly to the image but rather copy it to your local machine then upload it to the journal.

macieklew

John, I'm not going to link to the image in OPR's gallery, of course not.

Margie, thank you very much for your nice words. I'm really happy you like my photos. Thank you :)

I promiss to drop the link to my ready text and I'll try to give you the translation too (but it's not for sure about translation:).
I've been in Scotland for 4 years now. I've heard about OPR first time in http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml, free stock photo site.

Maybe you, Margie, want to tell me the story about OPR, you know - something interesting - how did you find the site, why are you here, something I can tell Polish people about.
Or somebody else from the members? Please...

Maciek

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Maciek. Theres a thread called 'why I signed up for OPR' that gives a brief description of reasons from different members. It got lost in the toolbar section. Maybe it should be pinned on the first page?

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

macieklew

Quote from: Tassie D on February 27, 2008, 06:16:40 PM
Hi Maciek. Theres a thread called 'why I signed up for OPR' that gives a brief description of reasons from different members. It got lost in the toolbar section. Maybe it should be pinned on the first page?

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Thank you!
Some amazing stories!

Mhayes

Hi Maciek,

I found OPR by way of Katrin Eismann's book: Photoshop Restoration & Retouching. In the book was a link to the photos for each of the chapters to practice on.  There was also a section with the message of OPR needing volunteers to help restore photos for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. At the time, the message was at least a year old and I did not figure there would be any need for more volunteers. Now six months later, the need is as great as ever! I'm also happy to report that OPR has branched out and helped other disaster areas.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Maciek,

Love your photos.

I got here the same way Margie did about 10 months ago.  We almost exhausted the gallery until the Biloxi run.  Now we can't keep up with the productivities of our distributors.

Shujen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Hello my SPD friend!

So you're a journalist, photographer and restorer.  A man of many talents.  It's nice to see you on the forum again.  I checked out part of your gallery yesterday evening, and am VERY impressed!  Gorgeous work.

The area of Scotland in which you live is exquisite.  We've discussed that before, but I had no idea what spectacular ancient land it is.  I especially love the shots of the buildings right at the edge of cliffs.  Breathtaking.

I hope you'll be able to get us a translation of the write-up on OPR, and very much appreciate your doing that for us.

Best wishes and hugs!

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

macieklew

Thank you very much, I'm really glad you like my pictures!

It's niece to see all of you again.
Glenna, I'm quiet bad restorer, I'm afraid - only one restoration so far and it was pretty hard for me... I should try again, the next one...

Yes, this part of Scotland is really nice - a lot of old, beautifull castles, churches and ruins. Hills and the sea - it is beautiful.

Hey - and I'm not translator or, maybe I am :)
OK - I'll do it!

Hugs!

Your SPD

macieklew

Hi again

It took me quite a while, but finally your (OPR's) story is live, here: http://www.wiadomosci24.pl/artykul/o_ludziach_ktorzy_odzyskuja_wspomnienia_69888.html

The title is "About people, who restore the memories" and the Polish readers were really touched - they said.
Some of them didn't even know there is a possibility to restore the pictures.

This is Polsih web site, called Wiadomosci24.pl (which means News 24) and if some of you are interested, there is short text in English (sorry for my English), where I explained a bit about the ideas behind this web site, especially about something called "citizen journalism": http://www.wiadomosci24.pl/artykul/welcome_to_wiadomosci24_pl_64810.html

Mhayes

Hi Maciek,

My Polish is not so good, but it looks like a great article. Thanks for getting the word out about OPR.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Great story Maciek. Googles translation did a reasonable job so I was able to read most of it. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]