• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The eyes have it!

Started by Ausimax, June 29, 2008, 07:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Have a look at this one please, I'm fairly sure it is a painting and as such have been trying to keep it from looking photographic, give me your thoughts on it.

WIP. 

With texture added.

Max

With textu
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Max, I think it is a painting too.  You have cleaned it up very well and I like the added texture as well.
(the texture may even be coarser?)
The teeth are very white, but that is also the way they are in original  ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

I, also, think that is was a painting.  Who knows it might have been the artists first.  Having said that I would leave the texture.   Lastly I see a bit more shading to around the corners of the mouth.  This was a guick level adjustment, maybe you can see what I see.

Hannie

Max, I took the liberty to experiment a bit with your painting.  I used Cand's suggestion and add some shadow/burn around the mouth and on the line between teeth and mouth.  I also increased the texture but might have gone a bit overboard with that one!  ;D

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Candy, Darkening the corners of the mouth is a good suggestion, looks better where Hannie did it,
Hannie, I like it with a heavier texture, the problem is if I make it any heavier the lines where the pattern repeats become too obvious, I used the Burlap, Canvas was a little to fine in texture to look good.

Does anybody know how to create Textures? I had a try without much Joy. :'(
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Thanks Tassie, Kiska. :up2: