• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

At the Sink

Started by philbach, October 04, 2016, 10:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Here is the original.  The photo seems to be too yellow and grainy but otherwise in pretty good condition

This is what I did with my first adjustment.  I placed color samplers on the white clock face and the drawer knob circled in green.  The brightest point marked in red.  The before and after curves results for each channel are on the info palate

I then corrected the edges with either the stamp tool or the spot healing brush.  I used the spot healing brush on the white spot on his face.  I used Neat Image to decrease the grain and then slightly sharpened the photo.  This where I am now.

phil

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

This is great! I love having screen prints that show your work and what tools you used. For those who want a good screen print problem, I really like Snagit.

My gallery has been an experiment in the hopes to get the forum more active again and even though there might not have been a need for the volunteer to use the Forum, they wanting to share what they did with others that might be hanging back. For those not sure on how to post their photos on the forum, here is the link in The New Volunteer Welcome Center: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html  A great place to go when you have questions.

Thanks!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting! I appreciate you sharing. Sometimes the "easy" color corrections are more of a challenge than they look ... at least for me. I'll keep checking back - hope you keep posting.

And Margie, thanks for "priming the pump"!

You guys have a good day.

Lyn

philbach

Your welcome Shadow.  This site has many excellent experts who are willing to take their time to teach us.  Having all of us describe what we are doing should really ramp up the teaching aspect of the site.  This should be fun.
phil

Shadow

kiska

Still needs a little tweaking. Ignore the Exposure layer.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Kiska, Thanks for your screenshots. Very helpful!

Lyn

philbach

Gosh Kiska a 3:52 a.m. Post.   This post is without your color correction, but I did deal with some other problems.  On the lower left hand corner there was a problem with the knob shadow and also some of the edge distortion was still showing.   That I corrected.  There was a white crease on the back of the mans pants that I treated by using Image Adjustment/Shadow Highlights  and lowered the highlights some and colored in the white streak.  Photo #2.  So this is where I am without the color corrections.  I was unable to see what you were correcting with your curves adjustment layer but they appear to be global. 

I uploaded this to Margie and we shall see what happens. 

Thanks, Kiska.
phil

Mhayes

Phil,

Got your upload and it looks great!  :up: Thanks for making the corrections and also for posting your work. Each of the posts have been great, because they show the workflow and also some tips on improving the photo. Plus, what is neat is that each is different in the approach to restoring. This photo may have suffered not only from water damage, but age, and after the restore it is going to make the owner very happy.

Thanks!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]