• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with removing green/purple coloration

Started by Sge27, June 17, 2013, 10:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sge27

Hey everyone, I want to avoid going forward with repairing the damage to this photo before correcting the color issues. Any advice on how to best remove the discoloration would be greatly appreciated.

This is the original:

This is after levels/curves:

Thanks,

Sam
Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts.

Bambi

The color correction that you did looks pretty good. but there is so little detail or color to this picture, you might want to make it black and white. Ask your distributor.

Bambi

Mhayes

SGE27. I see Bambi's point, but part of me wants the center preserved. I looked in the three channels and the red had the least damage. Just for fun I made a duplicate copy of the original and then converted the one to a B/W of the Red Channel in High Contrast (still in sRGB mode). Next I dropped that layer on top of the original colored one and did a layer mask where I brought back the center and parts of the side. While playing with it, my intention would to later have the B/W taking on the purple cast. First the B/W version would need more work on the upper half---not so much detail as more even shadows going up and removing the damage areas. This maybe too far out, but what I really love about this photo is the purple with the yellow which is very complimentary. The center part is the most important and the eyes are drawn to the center. Might be worth playing with?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]