• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinions, please.

Started by Jo Massino, November 19, 2012, 07:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Massino

What do you think, barrette or damage? :-\
Jo
Photoshop CS6, iMac

JohnG

To me it looks like damage, but its real hard to tell without being able to zoom in

Jo Massino

Jo
Photoshop CS6, iMac

Mhayes

Hi Jo,

Yes, it is damage as I just got off the phone with the owner. Not only is it on the hair, but all of the frost like areas on the blouse and hand is damage. Before you go any further, judging from the second photo, you need to do a color correction as the background is going to be a brighter shade of white.

The owner was so thrilled to know we are working on her photo and had a few days previous been wondering how things were going.

Keep posting as it will be fun to see this one progress.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Massino

Thanks, Margie!  I knew all the other things were damage, but since it's almost a perfect rectangle I would have sworn that was a barrette.  Because I use so many adjustment layers I like to try to get some of the major damage done first.  Not the most orthodox approach, I know, but it works for me.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again. :)
Jo
Photoshop CS6, iMac

Mhayes

Jo, I really didn't ask about the hair and if you think it is a barrette, maybe it is. How's that for straddling the fence?  ::) I think what works best for you is the way to go.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Linda S

I might be answering too late, but it looks like a barrette bow. One on either side. Because I'm a hairdresser as well, I can see that her hair is pulled back from the front into the barrette.
Beautiful work already though!

Jo Massino

Quote from: Linda S on November 23, 2012, 03:18:19 PM
I might be answering too late, but it looks like a barrette bow. One on either side. Because I'm a hairdresser as well, I can see that her hair is pulled back from the front into the barrette.
Beautiful work already though!

Thanks, Linda! 

I'm running behind on this project because of the holiday.  Now, I'm stuck on her legs.  There's black fabric behind the arm of the chair.  Is that her left leg or is it fabric from very wide pants leg on her right?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jo
Photoshop CS6, iMac

kiska

Jo, welcome!

I THINK the girl's left leg is hanging over the arm of the chair. Don't forget to color correct.... And good luck with that wicker. ^-^

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Massino

I should have included my WIP.  Kiska, I really like what you did with it!

Jo
Photoshop CS6, iMac