• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ok first of 2 images need some feedback :)

Started by Miz Cozma, March 11, 2008, 08:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miz Cozma

figured i would put this at the beginning so don't have to keep scrolling down

so I got this one going.. fft did great and after lots of small fixes I got rid of the white spots

need to know... is the coloring too bright too dark.. still not trusting my monitor on that

and what to do with what i think  is a couch on the right hand side.. it is a mess
and i really on "think" it is a couch...

what do we all think?

hehe  thanks in advance!

schen

Miz,

There was a time people liked to print photo on textured paper called matte.  My daughter still loves it because you can't leave finger prints on it.

For regular pattern, FFT filter works well.  There were several threads discussing this technique and someone had detailed tutorials.  Click on "Search" and type in FFT.  You should be able to find one.

Edit: Found one for you here:
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1279.msg13146.html#msg13146
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Miz Cozma

Thanks Schen  for the quick feedback.. I saved the tutorial to read when my connection dies out

and will quickly try to find this filter

thanks again!  and wish me luck
hehe

:hug:

Miz Cozma

thanks for the links :)  i had found it looking though one of my other fav sites..you all know it  retouch pro  it is how I found you guys too so figured I might find it there! :)

thanks again!

Miz Cozma

ok I am impressed!!   gotta love that filter..  first time I needed something like that and whoohoo works like a charm!!

thanks all for the tips!!

:)

:hug:  all around

Miz Cozma

ok one issue...

I have 2,5 gigs of ram
28 gigs of space on my hard drive

yet when i run fft it runs slow and I got an error message saying out of virtual memory!
then photoshop crashed.. luckly I got nervous with how long it was taking to process the filter that I saved soon as it was done!

I hate the fact photoshop always insists on using hard drives as memory.. 2.5gs ram barley touched

any way to fix this

ps cs3    windows xp media edition

any ideas

laportelj

Hey Miz, You ask good questions that I need the answers to too! LOL

Jane

Miz Cozma

I am researching hard.. testing my new 2g of ram... if I find anything I will let you know!! :)

cmpentecost

For anyone who has the FFT filter down pat, I have an OPR photo for you with pretty much zero damage but it has that honeycomb appearance to it.  Long story short, but the owner originally submitted a large version of this photo that was heavily damaged, (so we attempted to restore it) but when they got their print back, they said "this doesn't look like the original.  And, by the way...we have the original, but it's smaller".  <sigh>  What can ya say??     :D  They have since uploaded the smaller original to us, but would like us to be able to print it in the larger sized version.  It's just that the larger version has a slight honeycomb affect to it.  I wish I had time to do this myself, but I don't.  Any takers?  Email me at [email protected], and it's yours!  Thanks!

Christine

p.s.  It's a black and white wedding photo - about 50 years old.

Miz Cozma

well my best fix so far for the virtual memory issue with fft  is..  I upped my virtual limit... got it onto another drive..  and well i just run the filter do the little tricks like adding the blur and then save and close photoshop.. and reopen it.. hehe

seems ok if I don't try to run fft on more then 1 image in a go

it is a temp fix for now :)

hope it helps you too!!

Charlene5

The FFT program chokes and gags on any picture more than 3096 pixels on the longest side.  Check your photo size and resize if necessary.  Work on a duplicate and size it back up after you run FFT.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

klassylady25

Glad you pointed that out Charlene.  I forgot that little tidbit when I wrote out intructions!  :o)

Miz Cozma

oops... I thought it would be good to have my latest post the the top so people didn't have to scroll down..but now it doesn't show that i added a new post...

so look up :)  hehe to the top of the thread hehe thanks!

laportelj

Go lighter I think, and yes looks like a couch drowning in wash bubbles overflow, you can sop those up I think LOL

Jane