• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Austell, GA Copy Run

Started by kiska, December 04, 2009, 12:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

Operation Photo Rescue arrived in Austell, GA and has already obtained 4 or 5 family's of memories to be restored.

Things are slowing down now, but we are expecting more to come. Hopefully a good crown tomorrow...if it doesn't snow.

Photos are being processed and are being ready to be uploaded for restoring. The team has been awesome and already had some challenges with photos with extensive mud damage.

The City of Austell has been a great support to the team and provided a great working environment for family's to come to.

Family's have been thrilled that we are attempting to help. Some have lost everything.

Stay tuned for more to come.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kiska

Fox5 News is interviewing family members who have come to have photos restored.  The story will air tonight. Should be on their website tonight or tomorrow.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Kiska, that's great about Fox news! Hope you guys get lots of photos and no snow. I think either tonight or tomorrow Austell will be turning on their Christmas lights. Say hi to everyone and tell them how much we appreciate what they are doing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Kiska, thanks so much for the report.  Sounds like all is going well, hope there will be lots of people tomorrow (and no snow!)

Thanks everyone there for all the good work you are doing,

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jneil2

That is great to hear about the copy run, Kiska.  So glad you got to experience it first-hand.  Please give the others my thanks, as well--and I hope you don't have too much bad weather to travel home in.

Jan

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Here is the directi link to the Fox New5 broadcast today about OPR:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/group_helps_restore_flood_damaged_photos_120409

I think the news did a great job and so did our volunteers!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks for the link Margie, great report!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, thanks for posting the report.  It's so affecting to hear people's reaction upon learning that their photos can be reclaimed.  I think the news team did a fine job of reporting OPR's work.

There aren't enough words to express appreciation for our team who are in the trenches in Austell.  Especially considering that it's everyone's first run.  Kiska and crew, you're beyond awesome.  Many, many hugs to all of you.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

It's a great clip. :up: Hope they got lots more turn up today.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

david_gr

Everybody,

Here is a link to pictures we took while in Austell   http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/david_gr/Atlanta%20OPR%20Photoshoot/

Thanks to everybody who made this possible.  Back in September, I saw the flooding in Austell and other areas around Atlanta.  I emailed Margie asking her if OPR could come and she made it happen. When I found out, I wanted to participate. I am glad I did.  We were able to help several people.  It was very gratifying.  I was particularly pleased to see their surprise when we said the photo restorations were FREE.  We had a couple of ladies who came in with a frown  >:( on their face. But the good thing is they left with smiles. :)

We had a great bunch of OPR people there.  My wife, Marge and I were impressed by the care and knowledge everyone expressed.  If you ever get a chance to go on a Copy Run, go for it.