• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Easy room, difficult pants

Started by G3User, November 27, 2008, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

I have had a number of attempts at his jeans, none worth showing. The stain on the legs contains red but removing it gives an unnatural result, probably because there are there are some undamaged areas also containing red just below his waist on his left side.

I am giving it a rest to work on another image pending inspiration, perhaps some suggestions will come sooner.
Thanks
Athol

Ausimax

Try adding another layer and select the good colours and paint it out with a 25% opacity Chalk brush, selecting the appropriate colours for shading and creases, the add a little noise to that layer. you can also vary the layer opacity to blend it.

Would have posted an example, I am having internet problems and couldn't upload a photo to post. 

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

G3User

Thanks Max

Your advice worked. I am going to have to pin something on the wall reminding me to try the various blending modes and brush shapes rather than just normal blending and circular brush shapes.

Any other comments, otherwise it is on its way back.

Athol

klassylady25

This one looks pretty good however you could try making it a little cooler in color.  I might help to bring out the richness of colors in that room.

Great job on the jeans!

G3User

Good call Candice, I had set the color balance originally assuming that the shirt would be a neutral gray. It looks much better with the color temperature set a little lower.

It is in the mail

Athol