• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Some Questions

Started by david_gr, June 21, 2010, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

1. How does the sorting process work on OPR forums?  I have noticed that when you sort it by latest it does not seem to be in order based on the date to the right. 

2. I recently uploaded some pictures to Photbucket of our recent cruise from Montreal to Boston.  However, I can't figure out how people can find the pictures without a link.  Can anyone explain this to me.  Photbucket did away with their forums making it even harder to get an answer. 

Bye the way, the cruise was great.  It felt like a combination of old and new worlds.  Here is the link to my album : http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/david_gr/Cruise%20fm%20Montreal%20to%20Boston/.

3.  Has anybody heard when the Austell pictures will be available? 

4.  And while I am asking, are we closer to a firm date for the Nashville copy run.  I want to go but we have some prior commitments.

Thanks for whatever info you can give me.

David

kiska

David, this is in your Profile. It should put the most recent post at the top of the post.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tori803

Hi David,

I haven't used Photobucket, I use Flickr, but for people to find my images without a link they would probably do a search for a name, location, subject, or object to locate images. They would find mine if I put the right 'tags' with the pictures and used a proper description. In other words, if their search terms were the same as my tags and description, they might locate my pics. Also, I would have to mark the images as 'public' when I uploaded them (not 'private'). If you go to flickr.com and search for 'little falls ice jam' you will find my pics along with 60 others. So it's kind of hit or miss.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Hi David

I was able to view your album just fine.  Looks as if you had a wonderful trip.  The Maine photos looked very familiar, as we've spent a lot of time at Schoodic Point, the mainland portion of the coast of Acadia National Park.  In fact the lava rocks looked just like Schoodic.  I'm assuming, though, that those photos were on the Bar Harbor (Bah Hahbah in the native language!) side.  At one time there was a Naval base just outside of Schoodic Point, and my sister worked there.  So her daily commute was through the park.  Totally awesome!  Thanks for sharing your trip.

I hope you can make it to Nashville.  We're going to try to make it up too if our garage is completed.  We're in the beginning stages (as in the slab is poured) of having a 2-story, 2-car garage built so Iron Man can continue building race cars and street rods without our having to pay an arm and a leg for rent for the shop he has now.  If it's done, we're free to travel, since I'm retired now, too (whoo hoo!). We want to do Nashville if at all possible. It'd be great to meet you.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi David,

The Austell photos are what is in both galleries right now and have been made available for some time. Hopefully we will be finishing them up by the time Nashville comes around.

Right now I can't give a definite time frame for Nashville, because it is still being worked out. Originally we were hoping for either the 1st or 2nd weekend in September, but there were problems. The 1st weekend is Labor Day and the 2nd weekend was a hardship for another OPR team member. It looks like now it could be pushed back to around the 25th, but Dr. Andi Stepnick is trying to get us another room and possibly moving up the date. We may decide to go to a library if all else fails. Will keep everyone posted.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]