• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sephia Tux

Started by guythomas, January 29, 2008, 04:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guythomas

Just want to make sure nothing looks to far off. I couldn't figure out exactly what the lapels looked like, so I left them out.  My main goal when attempting a project like this one, is that it doesn't look painted.

new

Maybe the edge is too hard on his face?

Atlantis

I had to look up lapels in a dictionary  ::)  I'm with you in avoiding a painted look when restoring. I also think faces have priority #1, esp. eyes, clothes are #2 and background & props are last.  But that's my personal opinion.

Anyway I think you are well on your way with this one.
I think the right side of his face is a little to straight indeed.
And I think it might be possible to get rid of the whitish blobs on his left cheeck, possibly using the healing tool(s) to keep the skintexture.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

glennab

Hi Guy

Nice start on a tough one.  The things that popped out at me are that his eyes are much lighter in the original, as are his eyebrows.  The brows also appear a bit lower in the restoration.  I think he has a wider and fuller mouth, and there appears to be a wisp of a moustache.  Good call on the lapels.  I don't see any definition of them at all.  Excellent job at keeping away the painted look.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

A little morning play.  All playing aside, does he have a pencil mustache?