• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Nashville a Success!

Started by Mhayes, September 12, 2010, 10:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to report that Nashville was successful and we came home with a few---like around 1,000. We had close to 60 families and the majority came in on Saturday. Friday was slower with around 28 and it rained that day, plus parking was harder to come by.

In the coming days I will give more details when I can type without having the urge to slump over the keyboard asleep.  I would like to thank Jan Neil, Kiska Moore, and Karen Stansel (aka Mitz) for all their hardwork. I would also like to thank our newest member, Allexa Coulton. Allexa is a student at Belmont and heard about us and thought this was a great cause. In case you are wondering, Dave came down with the flu. His lecture will hopefully happen another time and he was missed!

Dr Andi Stepnick deserves a round of applause for being able to get us a place to do the run and working tirelessly the entire time. Andi got us student volunteers to help at the greeting table and she was terrific talking with the families. Planning for Nashville started in May and we had many dead ends before we got a place to hold the run Special thanks also to Emily Naff, a professor  of Photography/Photoshop, who not only worked her own copy stand, but got some fellow photographers to come in and help--will post names and pictures of those later.

More to come.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome home Margie,

That is great news that so many flood victims found their way to OPR!
So many photos, that is wonderful.  (sort of makes me me realize also how many people were involved in this flood...)

Thanks everyone for making this copy run such a success, now it is time for you all to have a good rest.

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome back to everyone! It's great to have such a wonderful response and to have the extra help. Thank you Margie, Jan, Kiska, Karen, Alexa, Andi, Emily, and everyone else who helped out!

1,000 photos - wow!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

lurch

Thanks to all for engineering a great run. I'm looking forward to great choices in new photos to work on.
<C>