• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Uniform gurus

Started by kiska, October 31, 2007, 08:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

Got the uniform off the net. I don't think the lapel thingies go with the eagle on the hat. Any military experts out there? Not even close to finished. Thanks.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/88180186

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi kiska,

Candy's our military guru.  I suspect she'll jump in as soon as she sees your post.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

He is an officer and without anything definate in the details of the uniform, I'd leave it as you have it.  Better not to guess. 

Charlene5

He's a WWII officer - probably a pilot or a bomber - based on the condition of his hat.  Air crew always had horribly misshapen hats allegedly from wearing headphones over them.  It was also a form of advertising - they were pretty elite guys you know :)  At any rate, the hat insignia is for an officer and the uniform you have him in is enlisted.  If he was a pilot he may be wearing his leather jacket like this (notice his mangled hat):

or he may be in a Class A uniform like this:

If the picture was taken for his family then I'd vote for the leather jacket.  Air crews were the only people who were issued them and again, it was that pilot cockiness at work. 

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro