• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Problems uploading to Photoshelter

Started by seekingoz, February 17, 2013, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seekingoz

:mad:

This is day two of trying to get my project uploaded. Here's a short history:

Yesterday - I downloaded the desktop uploader a while back and tried to use it for the first time yesterday. I went through the tutorials first but when I got to the upload portion I couldn't find a place to add a gallery. Frustrated, I went through the link on the OPR page. And I read the tutorials first. I clicked on MU upload but it never asked for a gallery to load it to. I thought I miss-clicked and tried it again. Still no request for a gallery. After that I sent an email to Jonas to tell him to be looking for it.

Today - I heard from Jonas. No joy. I have no idea where those uploads went yesterday...but I've used up 20% of my space!

Jonas sent me a link for the uploader that I'd missed yesterday so I tried again. I went to the upload menu, found new gallery, clicked on it, filled in Jonas' name and got this error message: You've exceeded the size limit for Col ID (16 characters). You entered 18 characters.

I thought that referred to the file name, so I shortened it. Nope. Didn't work. I've finally decided I need more help so I don't keep trying and suddenly find myself without any upload space!!

Help. Please.  :-[

Judy

G3User

Bill Gates has a lot to answer for.

My version of the loader opens like this, enter your registered e-mail address and password and selecting Log On gets me to the next screen.

Use the left of the window to locate the image to upload, highlight it and click on Upload. That will bring up the smaller window and in the name cell enter the distributors name and click OK.
Upload should commence

Then again, we are upside down compared to you so who knows ^-^

Athol

Pat

Thanks for the screen shots Athol  :hug:      The desk top uploader is wonderful and I use it all the time.

The other option is to upload to Photoshelter MU.  The click on button can be found on the left side of your screen when you are logged into the forum.  After you click on that button PhotoShelter will ask for your user name and password then take you to the following screen:

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

seekingoz

OK...I think I uploaded to the right place. I thought I had to create a new gallery for Jonas. I didn't realize that transfer would upload it right to him when I typed his name is as distributor.

Now...another question...does anybody have any idea where I might have uploaded those first two images???

Judy

Pat

I only see the one you uploaded to Jonas at 6:42 this evening.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

seekingoz

Exactly. I used the photoshelter link, MU Upload, and it never asked me for anything. The interface just disappeared after I clicked MU Upload. The only thing that makes me think that it went somewhere is because my uploader shows I've used 20% of my space (40gb!) and those missing uploads were the only thing I'd ever put on the site at the time.

Maybe I'll learn something as I do more of these that will help me figure out what happened.   :P

Judy

Pat

Not to worry Judy.  That's not your individual space.  You didn't personally use 40gb.   :hug:

Pat  
Pat

seekingoz

Thanks Pat. I've created a lot of 40mb images but 40GB seemed a bit excessive!  :funny:

Judy