• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just Wondering about this

Started by philbach, September 18, 2013, 11:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

I downloaded this photo since it had been in the gallery for a long time and I believe for a good reason.  There is very little detail left in the photo and I was wondering how much work should one do.  So far I have decolorized it and cleaned up the margins and removed a blemish or two.  Is there more that should be done?

phil

MikeG

I almost took this one also. Have you looked at the channels to see if there is a greater amount of detail in one of them. Also you could then go to image > apply image and amplify  any particular channel using blend options such a multiply.

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

I did something like Mike is suggesting, but I duplicated the layer and changed my mode to "Multiply," but then lowered the opacity to 44% and then I duplicated that layer again (will still be in Multiply) and lowered it to 8%. This was just personal preference. I liked using multiply because it didn't make the blown out parts to change to a muddy look which is what happened when I tried adding a layer and changing to "Soft Light," concealing with a mask and painting back in.

I think you have done a good job with a photo that has parts that are too blown out to bring back.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Thanks.  I will give those ideas a try. 
phil