• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

It has been a while

Started by Jonas.Wendorf, June 04, 2010, 03:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas.Wendorf

... since my last restore, so forgive me, if I'm a little out of practice ;-)

Although it looked pretty hard, this one was quite nice, because the blue channel contained lots of detail, that I could extract with a channel mixer adjustment layer on "Luminosity" mode.
Next I fixed the overall color and used some gradient maps to apply the right face color and brightness back to the skin.
After that I begun cloning/healing to repair the background, used some dodge & burn to get rid of remaining spots and some final layer on "Color" mode to correct the color.
The last step was to use some selective color and curves to bring back some more natural color to the shirts ☺

Previous:
After:

Best regards and let me hear, what you think,

Jonas :)
Best regards,
Jonas

Hannie

Quote...the blue channel contained lots of detail, that I could extract with a channel mixer adjustment layer on "Luminosity" mode.
Thanks for reminding us!

Hi Jonas,  you have done a beautiful job and the photo looks as good as new.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Jonas, you did a fine job on this one.  Don't you love the blue channel.  When it works, it's miraculous!  It's good to see you back on the forum.  We've had a really quiet spell.  Gets lonely here in the dark.

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Jonas, this looks great! (cute picture)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

Sorry, I had a lot of stuff to do for school (lots of exams), so I hadn't that much time :(
But I'm pretty sure, that I'll be more active again now ☺

(And when my headset finally arrives, I promised to do a new tutorial about Jacob's Ladder, so don't worry, I'll continue my work here as long as I can ;-))

Edit: Having said that, I'm going to upload this one now and pick a new one :)
Best regards,
Jonas