• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Count Down!

Started by Mhayes, October 06, 2009, 06:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone!

Three days and counting until our copy run in Cedar Rapids. Although things have been really quiet on the forum, plenty is going on behind the scenes. Hopefully we will have a great turnout and plenty of good photos--meaning bad photos--to upload to our gallery. Press releases have been sent and one radio interview is already set up for Thursday morning. Yesterday I touched base with Mindy Kayser, The Salvation Army, and told her that I hope the word was getting out. We had sent her a press release and a flier done by Becky earlier in the month. She offered to send out the press release again.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, October 5, 2009

Your assistance in communicating this opportunity for flood-affected residents is appreciated!The following information is being shared on behalf of:

Below that was a copy of the press release. While I think we have done a great job of spreading the word; I was amazed at the number of people Mindy sent this out to: 179 people! This was very much appreciated, because having a respected organization in the city promote OPR is priceless.

Going on the trip: Jan Neil, Becky Sell, Scott Crossen (DigMyPics), Mindy Miller, Shujen (if recovered from illness), Vicky Sutterfield, and myself.

We will keep all of you posted!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

I do hope you all get lots of business. The more the organization is active the more the word will spread and hopefully that will result in dollars contributed. Besides, I'm looking forward to more photos to work on  ^-^ - no self-interest there, now, is there?
<C>

hoodman3

Windows XP, CS3