• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Museum Mourning Photography

Started by schen, January 17, 2008, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

This article runs on Chicago Tribune today.  Since I and several other OPR volunteers restored mourning photos, I thought you might be interested. 

I remember that my sisters argued with my cousins on photographing my grandma's funeral almost 40 some years ago.  The prevailing sentiment at the time was that we did not like to keep some artifacts that would remind us the sad time of our life.  Of course, everybody deal with grieving differently.  Not until I saw Nicole Kidman's "The Others" that I saw pictures of deceased taken after they passed away.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0117mourningjan17,0,107261.story
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Shujen, what an interesting article.  It's amazing to me how many ways people deal with the death of a loved one.  The discussion was especially interesting in light of the mourning photos that you and several of the other volunteers have restored.  Obviously they're treasured by their families.  Thanks for sharing the write-up.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)