• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Candice

philbach

Thanks, Candice.  The Park is within walking distance of where I live. 
phil

schen

Phil,

That is a beautiful drone shot! I didn't know there was such a park before.
I just looked it up. It is a new state park, by that I mean it opened after I left Wisconsin.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

philbach

Thanks Schen.  When I was a kid it was privately owned.  They used to have a full time guard and dog providing security.  It was always exciting to sneak in and have a dip in the quarry.  Best not to get caught I might add. I think it was converted into a park around 2009.  I enjoyed your photos as well.  Coming to Wisconsin from Pittsburgh along I-80 and the skyway show scenes like you so nicely captured.
phil

Shadow

Phil and Schem, wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing!

schen

There is an abundance of acorns in our area this year. It turned out, that this is a "Mast Year." Because acorns are nutritious and favored by many animals (including humans), most of the acorns are consumed by them. Once in a few years, the oaks produce a massive amount of seeds and some of them will be left to germinate after all the animals are satisfied.

The picture below was taken from a mulch-paved trail under a hundred-year-old White Oak tree. Three weeks after they fell, there are still many left.

Shujen Chen

philbach

Very Nice Schen.  Interesting what you can see if you will just take the time to look for it.  Around here there are a lot of apple trees and the deer have a great time feeding on the apples when they fall off.  This morning I was riding my Trike through Harrington Beach State Park and took this photo
Phil

phil

Mhayes

Nice shots Schen and Phil. Here's mine from returning from a 2 day Riverboat Twilight on the Mississippi from LeClair to Dubugue Iowa and back.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Nice Photos, Margie and I'll bet that was a very nice trip. 
phil

schen

The colors are peaking in my area this week.

Shujen Chen

philbach

Very Nice Schen.  This is my favorite time of the year.
phil

schen

Phil, fall is my favorite season also.
The two different oaks have such different appearances. The top is Schneck's Oak and the bottom is Fernow's Oak.

Shujen Chen

Hannie

Love all these nature photo's, thanks for posting everyone!  The acorns look cute with all the different shapes and the river boat looks like a scene right out of Huckleberry Finn!

All I have to show is this little creation by our little neighbour boy:  a sled filled with pumpkins, Mr. Halloween and lots of spiders. :-)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Shujen Chen

Lynnya

Happy Halloween everyone. Enjoyed all the pictures.

This is Idaho on our last little trip.

so peaceful.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...