• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Viva Australia!

Started by glennab, January 26, 2008, 12:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi all you wonderful down under OPR pals.  I just noticed on my calendar that Saturday and Sunday are Australia days, so I feel it appropriate to let you know how totally awesome you all are: talented, funny, always ready to jump in and offer assistance to anyone with difficulties in their restorations, and staunch participants in the forum.  I wish you weren't so far away.  I'd love a bunch of Aussie hugs -- and you'd get bunches right back.

I also wanted to tell you how devastated I am by the loss of Heath Ledger, who, in my opinion was one of the most talented young actors extant.  I understand that his family is bringing him home to rest today.  His death so brings home the veracity of our early discussions about the most artistic people being plagued by emotional agony.  The genes must be related.  I pray he's at peace now, and I'm glad I have nearly every film he made.  He was an extremely special young man.  My sincere sympathy goes out to those of you who loved Heath as much as I did.  I suspect he made Australia proud.

Bless!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks Glenna. Its been a very hot Australia day and I suspect more than a few will be sporting painful sunburns.
Hearth Ledger was a great actor and will be missed. Its a shame we'll never get to see what he could have done in the future. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Thanks Glenna for your wishes. Today is Sunday and after a very big celebration in the sun yesterday I am sporting an horrific sunburn (stupid! stupid!) and a slight hangover from a bottle of good Aussie red!
We had a great day and my daughter in law, who is from the States was awarded Australian Citizenship that is only valid within our circle of friends and family,after she answered some very Aussie questions correctly.
We ate meatpies with mushy peas and damper and vegimite for lunch as well as the usual barbie.
We had sack races and thong throwing and a lot of beer :up:
A good day was had by all!

klassylady25

Mushy peas? Vegimite? and THONG throwing.... it the latter is underwear, my daughter could keep going forever!  lol

Ratz

No! just the kind you  :funny wear on  your feet :funny:

klassylady25

You never know!  LOL  I couldn't resist though.  I know, I'm warped!!!   I've been at Chris's wine!   :crazy: ( not really )

cmpentecost

Your celebrations sound like so much fun.  I've yet to venture across the world to Australia, but I hope to do that some day in my life.

Chris

Ratz

hey Chris, you'll have to come in winter, we have great ski resorts in the snowy mountains and also in Tasmania!

truckersau

Reference for our overseas friends.

Vegemite, you can't be a "True Blue Dinki-Di Aussie" unless you eat this stuff.

Pie with mushy peas.

Thong. (Aussie style)

klassylady25

vegemite - a speard from brewers yeast? 

The pie looks like mashed potatoes with split peas and I'm hoping that is gravy?

I'd be banned if I put a thong on here.  lol   

Hannie

The English call it Marmite! You either love it or hate it...
Sure would love a nice chunk of damper and dip it in the meatpie, yummy!  (now I'm hungry, been trying very hard to eat less  :()  What I wouldn't give for a vanilla slice or a piece of pavlova or even some Monte Carlos....

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Hannie,you are a true woman of the world!

schen

When I was growing up, the yeast byproduct was stamped into chewable tablets as snack for its nutritious values. 

For those who did not care for the taste much, there was the sugar coated version (much like M&M in shape).

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

I've truly enjoyed this thread!! 

Ratz

Vegimite M&Ms Schen!!! now that's inspired :up: