• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ChipIn!

Started by Mhayes, June 30, 2011, 12:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to report that we are half way to our goal of $4,000. ChipIn is showing 23 contributors for a total of $937. We received in the mail two checks from one volunteer and her husband for a total of $1,100 that raises our total to $2,037. All donations whether large or small add up and really help! I can't think all of you enough who were able to donate.

We are trying to raise more than before because of the two copy runs. The Griffin, GA run is cost cutting as much as they can, but still have needed expenses. In July we will see what the turn out will be. In Joplin, I look for our copy run to bring in as many photos as Hurricane Katrina. I also have a feeling that we may make a return visit.

Joplin, MO is a picture of total destruction. Victoria Johnson, our contact person made a trip down there last week and she said that pictures cannot do it justice---everything in the tornadoes path is gone! For the first time, recovery of photos is different than in the past with flooding or previous hurricanes. Right now there are comand posts set up where photos are brought in, scanned, and then uploaded to Facebook for identification.

The one thing that I want us to be prepared for is that we may need to kick in some in for printing cost. DigMyPics pays for it right now, but if we get a tremendous response it is only fair to try to foot some of the bill. I'm also hoping that we might be able to pick up a sponsor or two.

:hug:

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, that is the best news ever!

How generous a donation of the volunteer couple, thank you so much!

We are getting very close to our goal.   
Things are going well:  many good photo restores are returned and Operation Photo Rescue will hold copy runs in Griffin and Joplin!!

All this wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the involvement of so many OPR volunteers throughout the years, thank you all so much!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

And up it goes a little bit every day!

:up2:

Hannie