• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Polaroid

Started by Shadow, November 15, 2018, 10:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Did Curves, Hue/Sat for some of the yellow and Color Balance for some of the red. How's it looking on your screens? Thanks for the extra eyes.  :cool:

Candice

It's looking a heck of a lot better without the mustard!! 
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

I like your colors, but I think the whites are too bright. Take a look at a version I did. I didn't tidy up the yellows splotches well as you did, but you'll get the idea.

I started out with a Channel Mixer adjustment layer to take care of a lot of the overall yelllow - the blue channel was too dark. I lightened it with some overall boost and a bit of the Green channel. Then the color and contrast changes needed are less extreme.

To deal with the areas that are too bright, a Curves adjustment layer set to multiply blend mode and I painted on the mask as needed.

Did you skew the image to square it? It didn't line up with the original when I overlaid them in Photoshop. I don't know if there's a policy on that (I've sort of assumed we leave tilted horizons and skewed edges, but I've never asked).

No need to redo the color, but you should tone down the whites with whatever method you're using.

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Shadow, good clean up, but I agree with Jo Ann on the whites being too bright. The original image and the restore should stay the same and not be changed unless cleared by the distributor. When a photo is restored and then checked by Quality Control both images are compared, so even if it looks like improvements could be made by squaring the image up--resist the urge. The photographer would have taken it like that.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Gang. Appreciate the feedback and screenshot. Final?

Lynnya

Looks perfect to me Lyn  :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Mhayes

Nice one Shadow on one that had some challenges.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Difficult one, great job Shadow!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Shadow

Thank you gang! Thought I was going to have to borrow Lynn's soap ... said to myself, this will be an easy one and we all know what than means!  ;)