• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Got Bored!!!

Started by sanbie, September 17, 2007, 03:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanbie

I got bored waiting for Christine to come back and send new photo...So I thought I would make new tubes for my site...Just to show I am doing other things when I am not restoring!!

Whatcha think?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Looking good Sanbie. I know what you mean about being bored. I even did housework today.  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

:funny: :funny: Housework...Nah..too taxing  :funny: :funny:

I usually do my housework first then I can do what I want!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Hannie

Oh no, not the H-word!  I really need a housekeeper!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

The H word? AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

Oh boy, looks like I should try and catch an earlier flight home, so I can get more photos out for all of you!!! 

It's been a fun weekend at my parents with my entire family home.  15 people at my parents house, with 2 bathrooms and 1 shower.  The anniversary party was a lot of fun, and my parents really enjoyed themselves.

Today is my first day online since I left Tues.  I did attempt to get online at my parent's house, but the dial up was killing me for slowness!  I'll be back home very late Wed. night, so by Thurs. afternoon, should be back at the computer and getting photos ready again.  My photo run in my home town of Gays Mills is tomorrow.  While Gays Mills is only 650, the community was very heavily flooded.  The majority of the homes that were flooded will probably have to be torn down.

I'll be back soon!

Christine

OPRAng

Good luck tomorrow!

~Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Chris

I wanted to send you my hopes that the run was a success and that your trip home is smooth and painless.  Wonderful that your family gathering was so special!  Will look forward to your comments on how everything went.  (Can we expect a "Gay Mills Monitor?" or maybe a "Gay Mills Gazette?")

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Chris,

Hope you have a safe flight home and your luggage stays with you. Look forward to hearing how your photo rescue went.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi all,

The photo run at Gays Mills had a very dismal turnout.  I think that trying to collect damaged photos so soon after the flood was the problem, but...since I was home, I wanted to take advantage of OPR trying to help out.  I know there were a LOT of people with damaged photos, but when we set up our OPR shop on Tues., a lot of people were still slinging mud and tearing out damage to think of bringing their pictures in.  The CBS station out of La Crosse, WKBT came down to Gays Mills though to do a story on OPR, and we were the top story at the 10 pm news Tuesday night!!  I thought they did a really nice story about OPR.  I guess I got my 3 minutes of fame in my home town by being on TV!!

Special thanks to Mike Tazelaar and Dennis Glaman who joined me at the Gays Mills library to help with the photo collection.  Also, a special thanks to my Mom who also helped out!!

As for the luggage.............it's still in Chicago!!!

Christine

klassylady25

The airline notified me and said they saw your luggage and weren't quite sure where to send it.  Hmm?  I wonder why?     ;)

cmpentecost

Thanks for the morning chuckle Candice!!!  This is great!!

Christine

glennab

Candy, that's classic (and appropriate)!  You guys are really scary when you're unemployed!

Chris, at least you were there and did what you could.  You're probably right about people being too busy getting their houses cleaned up to be concerned about the photos YET.

I love that big Mike was there to help you.  Had I known that I'd have had you give him a huge hug for me. (He probably would have hated it, but too darn bad. For all his protests, he's a great guy!)

Any chance we'll get to see the news bit?

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi Glenna,

I was afraid someone would want to see that!!!  Here's the link:  http://wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=7095944.  The photo that is on the link doesn't look that way in real life.  I had the photo in a plastic sleeve, so i think it's the reflection of the plastic that makes the photo still look damaged.

As a side note to Candice, the reporter knew I'd been to Biloxi, and she kept saying "Bil-LOCK-si".  I had to correct her pronunciation to say "Buloxi"!

Chris

klassylady25

LOL That's great Chris.  Helps to have a southern gal here, Michigan born, but daddy moved us to the south when I was 6 so in all fairness, the south did rise again!!! 

As for the job situation Glenna, I am employed, sort of.  In the beginning the hours were set but now the proof is in the shop.  I have the privalege of setting my own hours and get paid very well for doing so.  I am head of housekeeper for a shop in Edmond, OK.  Come in anytime when you need your hair done.  I hear more gossip than you might imagine.  A 'cleaning lady' is dang near invisible.  Amazing the stuff that clients tell their hairdressers.  lol    :funny: