• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore

Started by kgayara, December 28, 2012, 11:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgayara

Hello, my name is Kelly and I am a digital artist/3D animator/retoucher from NJ. I'm looking forward to being a part of this organization and using my skills for good!

Hannie

Hi Kelly, so glad you joined us and welcome to the forum!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Hi Kelly,

Welcome from Michigan; it's great to see you on the forum!  After the first copy run for Hurricane Sandy sometime in early February there will be an abundance of photos for the galleries.  We are all looking forward to working through them with you.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Kelly,

Nice to see you have joined OPR and are now part of the Forum.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Kelly, a warm welcome to OPR from Kansas. I see you are from the Jersey Shore and wonder if you had any damage from Sandy? Hopefully next spring we will be able to offer help in New Jersey as I know they were hit as hard as New York.

You have a great background and the animation part sounds like a lot of fun. Look forward to seeing more of you on the Forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome Kelly from Minnesota! I'm sure you'll enjoy using your skills here.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

kgayara

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

Margie - Yes I did get some damage from the storm (5ft of water in the basement which knocked out the hot water heater and furnace) and had no power for two weeks. However, I was still very lucky compared to neighboring towns, especially considering I'm only a block from the ocean. Our boardwalk is gone, but hopefully will be able to be re-built soon.

Mhayes

It's hard to say I'm glad that is all you got as that is pretty bad, but in comparison to the others I guess it is. I know what it is like to have your home flooded and it is such a mess. We hope to be help at some point to be able to offer some help to NJ.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kgayara

I know a few people who are heading up some big rebuilding organizations and town mayors that might be interested in getting the word out about OPR. Would there be anyone in particular I could get them in contact with?

Mhayes

Yes, you may contact me by email at [email protected]

Right now my priority is the copy run in NY in Feb, but NJ is part of the Hurricane Sandy disaster and we want to help out there as well.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kgayara

Thanks Margie I will definitely pass this along!