• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi I'm Kari

Started by Kairi, July 22, 2011, 04:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kairi

Hello, I'm new around here. I'm a graphic Designer/Photographer/Digital Illustrator and I'm just finishing up my last year of college. I could use the problem solving challenges each photo will bring. I feel big compassion for those who have lost their most precious memories. I hope I can help with that. Nice to meet you all!
You look at the floor and see the floor. I look at the floor and see molecules.
Dan Aykroyd

Kairi

lol, It's a little confusing around here but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it all :)
Dan Aykroyd

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Kari and welcome to OPR. You will get the hang of it fine I'm sure and your first photo is on its way.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome Kari! I'm sure you'll find this work rewarding, and the Forum is a great place to get suggestions on restoration challenges.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Kari, welcome!  Some of the photos can prove to be a little challenging but I think you will find this work is also fun and very rewarding.  A great combination!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Hi Kari and a warm welcome to the forum from Amsterdam!
Hope you will enjoy your first OPR restore, would love to see your work.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Kari, welcome to OPR! You have come to the right place when looking for challenges, but yet have fun at the same time. Even though our galleries are dwindling in size, we look for a big turn out in photo to be rescued from the Joplin tornado. Our copy run is scheduled for early October, but we are hoping to get have some photos before then,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PhotoBob

Welcome Kairi!  I'm a Newbie too, working on my first photo. They are a little short on photos right now, no easy ones, but nothing like jumping into the fire and learning new skills right off the start!   :D   The forum is full of helpful and talented people. I'm amazed at the collection of skill!  Have fun.
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

glennab

Hi Kari

A very warm welcome from an old-timer in Florida.  You've come to the right place to hone your skills, learn a lot, and meet some wonderful people.  If you've watched the video from the Weather Channel on our home page, that says a lot about why we do what we do.  I met a number of people in Biloxi on the copy run there after Katrina, and I can tell you from having talked to a lot of them that they are so, so grateful and amazed that we would do this for people we don't know and at no cost.  It brought home what a rewarding job we've chosen here.  Know that every restoration you complete means so much to a family who has lost so much!

Don't hesitate to post on the forum if you run into a snag.  A lot of us lurk around to try to help with anything that isn't clear.

I'm so glad you've joined us!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kairi

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! I appreciate your kind words.@Hannie my portfolio is still under construction but I'll be sure to post it soon. I do feel a great deal of compassion for the people in Joplin. It's not too far from my hometown of St. Louis. and when I saw the pictures of the destruction, I ended up taking those pictures and making a tribute video encouraging people to help. One of my pictures in the video are of a man looking at damaged photos and so when I found your organization I knew I wanted to help. You can check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HWSbVbSt18&feature=youtu.be

Yay! First one is finished and ready for upload.
Dan Aykroyd

Hannie

Congratulations on your first OPR restore!
The video is very impressive, thanks for posting the link.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Very moving video Kari.  I can't imagine anyone watching not wanting to help.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Kari, that is a very moving video! Your link should have put the video on this post to be able to play here. I'm not sure why it is just showing the link. Does anyone know how she can modify her post and get the UTube video to show up here?

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Fixed the link Margie.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]