• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Research Pays Off!

Started by Mhayes, October 27, 2008, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

A lot of the photos that OPR gets to restore takes some detective work on the part of the volunteers. A case in point was forwarded on my email by Christine this morning. Christine, Candace (Candy) and Lauren Terry were all very involved in trying to locate a copy of a West Point print. Great job gals!  :up:

Here is the thank you note from Lauren and the owner:

QuoteThank you all, Chris, Candy & Cathy,  for your unbelievable help in getting this panoramic to Linda Emmel. Candy...your time/research was crucial...where we all hit brick walls....you were able to link us to Cathy who let us copy the original photo! None of this could have been done with out you all!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Take care,

Lauren Terry

Dear Lauren,

Just wanted to let you know that I have just received Scott's West Point class photo.  Victoria at Document Conservation did a great job.  I cannot thank you enough for all you did to make this happen.  Loosing all your family photos and memoribilia is more devastating than loosing your home.  You can replace "things" but you can never go back and replace all those memories.  Getting this picture back has meant a lot to me.  Thanks again for sticking with this project for over a year.  God bless!!

Linda Emmel

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dave

Good job to all involved. Especially, Lauren who saw this thing through from beginning to end.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Lovely to hear, well done everyone. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]