• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

uploading finished image

Started by mawgwet, April 04, 2010, 03:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mawgwet

Margie; it's been quite sometime since I did a restore, I tried to upload to photo bucket, but I couldn't find the link there. Please help me. Thank  you.

Mhayes

Hi Mawgwet,

If you are logged into the forum, you can click on the Official OPR Hanbook (and also PhotoShelter) that is on the upper left hand column and go to page 9-17 for a screen print on how to upload to PhotoShelter. You mentioned Photobucket, but I think you meant PhotoShelter as that is where you upload your restored photos. Here is part of the written instructions that goes out to new volunteers on uploading to PhotoShelter. Make sure that you get the the link with the: .com/c/opr after PhotoShelter. If you don't, you will end up on the commercial side.

QuoteWhen you are finished with the photo, you will upload it back to Photoshelter and then choose another photo to work on. In order to upload, go to the forum again, at http://www.photoshelter.com/c/opr  OR www.operationphotorescue.org/forum, where you have to click on the Photoshelter tab, and then sign in.  Along the top, you'll see the "My Photoshelter" button.  Click on this (not any of the dropdown buttons, just the "My Photoshelter" button).  On the new page, along the top right hand side is the "Upload to Photoshelter MU".  Click on this, and it takes you to the upload page.

For the "Select Organization for this Upload", select Operation Photo Rescue.  Leave the "Select Photographer" area blank.

In "brief description", put the gallery owner's name – Hannie, Jan, Margie, or Tess.

Hope that helps.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mawgwet

my photoshelter button is not on the page
"HOME, PRODUCT TOUR, EXAMPLES, FREE REPORTS, PRO PHOTO TIPS, BLOG, FIND PHOTOGRAPHER" and the far left is "LIGHTBOX"
The URL for this page is : www.photoshelter.com/c/opr - it identifies me and shows I'm signed in, but the rest of the page is about contact info, Galleries, and search archive.
Thanks for your help. This is a little confounding.

lurch

The thing about Photoshelter is, as soon as we learn to do things one way, they go and 'improve' their interface so we can't figure out what to do any more. Now, the 'button' you click is your name, which is grey and in the upper right corner of the page you get after signing in. There are other welcoming  words on that link too, but I forget what they are. No matter, they'll change it next week anyway :cool:
<C>

Mhayes

Sorry for the confusion and Lurch is right about the changes PhotoShelter makes. This was a recent change and I will correct the letter we send out to new volunteers. Here is a screen print on how to get to uploading if you are still confused. The first two steps are different, but after that it is the same as is in the Official OPR Handbook.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mawgwet

:wnw: Thank you -- it worked!!

Mhayes

Mawgwet, thank you for a great looking restore!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]