• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

About the dress

Started by philbach, March 09, 2015, 08:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Hello.  I've just started to work on this photo.  This is the original.  I do have a question about the dress she is wearing.  Is it a two piece with a white "shirt" underneath or is it a one piece?   Do you think there is a seam in the front of the shirt or just ruffles?  Thanks

phil

dle

I think it's a two-piece outfit. It's hard to say how fancy the "shirt" part is -- whether it has a simple placket in front or something fancier. Personally I'm inclined to some sort of white princess-seam Peter Pan collar blouse. like this one http://www.sophiasstyle.com/white-princess-seam-peter-pan-collar-school-uniform-shirt-girls-xs-xl.html#close.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Pat

When looking closely at the blue channel it appears she is wearing a blouse under a jumper and what looks like ruffles is just a result of the writing on the photo.  I agree with Dave regarding the style of her collar.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

philbach

Well thanks, both of you.  I will put that type of collar on and proceed.
phil

Hannie

Nice research Dave!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]