• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Huge damage

Started by Jonas.Wendorf, November 21, 2010, 08:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas.Wendorf

Hey everybody,

I just finished my latest restore and because it's from my own gallery, you have to be very picky this time ;-).

Before:
After:

I started with a simple levels adj. to get the color and tone right, afterwards selected the upper part and free transformed it to get rid of the little border.
Now I copied & pasted a piece from the surrounding paper and covered the slip of paper with it, using a curves adj. layer to make it match the surrounding area.
Now I used dodge & burn for the main part to get rid of all the folds and after I was finished, healed and cloned the remaining damage.
Next I desaturated the yellow blotches on the lower part of the paper and used a new layer on "Color" mode to restore the color in casted areas.

Looking forward to your feedback on this monster of an image (original is 7800x5700px).
Best regards,
Jonas

Tori803

Hi Jonas. This looks quite good, but I noticed what looks like damage to me:

Of course, if it exists in the other similar images then I guess it's not damage.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Candice

:up2:

No problem. If you need another one I have a final that hasn't been sent.

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

There were actually 3 of this one so I suppose they wanted more than 1 copy? Great work Jonas, I like the colours, they blend very well without being too bright.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

The mix up is my fault!
I placed these photos in Jonas's gallery and wasn't even aware they were identical, forgot to tell Jonas about it!  :-[

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

I'll hold off on the one with the coke bottle until I know what's up.
Candice