• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Whats in here?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), July 06, 2007, 04:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

The main part of the picture is quite easy as its a huge group of people. This corner right in the front has me stumped though. I can see hands but whose are they?
It looks like a lamp cover right in the corner but is it someone else that the hands belong to? I posted this section full size.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Wow...I can only see 1 hand almost looks like it is holding an arm..but the lamp..I cannot see at all even when I did all different layers...it looked more like wood to me...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

John

Well to me it looks like the hand from the gentleman in the upper left corner (with glasses) pulling a woman into his shoulder as if she did not want her picture taken.  I can almost see her hair flowing up onto his shirt (almost blends in with the top of the main subject's hair).  As far as what you're seeing as a lamp, I'm almost seeing it as some sort of empty seat or aisle, perhaps at a stadium or theater?  The way people are positioned, it definitely looks like this was taken at a game or other type of event with stadium seating.

Maybe some of the levels gurus can work their magic to pick out some additional detail. 

glennab

Hi crew,

John, I'd concur with you on the fact that the hand belongs to the gentleman with the glasses and the fact that the person whose arm he encompasses is hiding her/his head.

Tess, I'd have to see the entire photo to get a context in which to judge any of the debris on the lower right.  I think the one object in question is wood, and I'm pretty certain it's not a lamp, but that's as much as I could discern.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kstruve

I also think that the hand belongs to the guy in the upper left with the glasses, however it is his blue jean-clad leg that he's holding.  I think that the "lamp" object to the lower right might be a skirt belonging to the girl in the upper right with the white sweater.  Or it could belong to a girl who is outside of the shot.  I kind of see a subtle plaid pattern with pleats, which is why I think it could be a skirt.  That's a toughie!

Kurt

phischer

Good call on the blue jean clad leg there. I think that's what it is too.  I have no idea what the lamp/skirt is though. :(

John

Quote from: kstruve on July 06, 2007, 01:40:18 PM

I also think that the hand belongs to the guy in the upper left with the glasses, however it is his blue jean-clad leg that he's holding.  I think that the "lamp" object to the lower right might be a skirt belonging to the girl in the upper right with the white sweater.  Or it could belong to a girl who is outside of the shot.  I kind of see a subtle plaid pattern with pleats, which is why I think it could be a skirt.  That's a toughie!

Kurt

good call Kurt... funny how the brain puts things together.

glennab

Wow "Eagle Eye" -- great call.  That explains the colors between the two people in front of him -- partly his shirt and partly the jeans. I was looking for the rest of the "woman."  Still no clue on the area to the far right, but it appears to me that the woman in the white sweater has black-clad knees in front of her hand that I'd assume would be hers.  Makes sense that some of the debris area could be of people partially out of the photo.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

that wouldn't be the bottom of his left pantleg, would it?  Almost looks like a wide boot cut pant leg... almost.

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks everyone. I've uploaded a lower res of the entire photo. It was taken in someones living room, a family get together which is what made me think lamp. There are several lamps round the room.
The guy with the glasses has his hand over or under leg of the guy with the baseball cap I think.
I can't really line anyone up with that lamp/leg in the bottom corner. I think you may be right Kurt. It does look like a skirt how it would fall over the knees. Obviously the person wearing it is not in the shot?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

The guy with the glasses.... That's his leg that he's holding.  He's leaning back a little.  Look at the angle and just to the left of the guy, it's the crotch area that give the clue.   He's  the #1.   

As for the right side... I think it's just a space.  All the people are accounted for.  The #2 guy, who is directly behind the guy on the far right, has his jeans showing.  Again that leaves that corner empty ( just part of the floor) in my humble opinion. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clearimage/742393039/

John

actually I think the girl with the black pants might have her legs over the big guy's left leg.

and that's a very croweded room, btw.

Juliet

Wow, what a challenge!  After looking at the big picture, I think that you are just seeing parts of three people.  I sketched how I think they are sitting using MS Paint.  I don't know if there is anything else there.  Maybe there is dark wood flooring?