• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is this in the corner?

Started by philbach, June 13, 2010, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

:police: :)Hi.  I am making nice progress on this photo, but I don't know how to deal with the object in the lower right hand corner of the photograph.  A red present possibly and on top of that, a rabbit shaped object or perhaps an artifact.  The bright red color draws the viewers attention to that area of the photo so that really becomes a problem.  So I would like some advice on how to deal with this.  Thanks.

phil

haleygd

Looks like a red gift bag, open and standing upright, with white tissue paper hanging out of it on the photo right side to me...
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Tori803

I'm leaning toward tissue rather than a rabbit, but I don't think you can be sure. I would just patch the damaged areas with the nearest matching color/texture and not try to reconstruct any particular shape.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Phil, I'm with Gary on this one.  I also see a red gift bag with rope handles and bunched up tissue escaping from the top.  A good clue is the red that's folded to the inside of the bag at the left.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

philbach

Thanks I can see it now.  I will go with the gift bag.  I appreciate your help.
phil