• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello all

Started by MichiganRob, September 28, 2009, 02:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganRob

Hi everyone

You probably already guessed that I an new to this site... just wanted to say hi.  My name is Rob and I'm  surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. The Great Lakes, I live about three miles from the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan.  I really like the concept of this organization and I am very anxious to get started...but...right off the bat I hit a glitch.

When I go to the OPR galleries at PhotoShelter  there are only abot 6 or 7 files listed by thumbnail...when I doubleclick on the thumb, a new page opens where I would expect to see a larger image and a comment box, which I could use to volunteer to restore the image.  However the new page remains blank, no image, no comment box.  As I said I am anxious to begin but cannot figure what's up and I have read and re-read the proceedures, could someone please clue me in?

Thanks
MichiganRob

Hannie

Hi MichiganRob and a warm welcome from Amsterdam!
Sounds like you live in an amazing place.  Living in a place myself where everyone has 1 square foot of personal space, I envy you.

There are not many photos left in our galleries at the moment but that will change in couple of weeks after our Cedar Rapids copy run, there will be a lot photos to pick from then.

When you go to one of our galleries in Photoshelter and click on an image, the next page should ask for your log in.  After you type your email address and your password, the page where you can leave a comment should open.

Hope this helps,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Hello Michigan Rob, and welcome! I noticed sometimes it takes Photoshelter a while to update. As Hannie says, soon we will have more photos from the Cedar Rapids run. Be sure to start checking right away after the run. In the meantime, I plan on reviewing more of the tutorials. I don't know what your background is, but I've learned several new ways of doing things from them. Also, if you haven't already, you'll enjoy checking out the gallery!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi Michigan Rob from Kansas. I have emailed you two screen shots of what you should see when you make your comment for a photo in PhotoShelter. See if that helps and let us know if you have any more problems.

We are happy you have joined us and don't panic when you see what it in our galleries. These photos are the worst of all that remains from our last run. Once we get back from Cedar Rapids, you will have a greater variety to pick from.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnboy

Hi MichiganRob from southwest Ohio. As Marge, Tori and Hannie have said things are quiet for now. Back a couple years ago when I joined the galleries were low also, but the chatter on the forum was full. There was a lot of high jinx among not so busy restorers. But our star chatterbox is out of chatter for now with computer connecting problems at home. So when she gets back look out. Tori has a good suggestion of looking through the forum for hints, tips and tutorials. You may want to bookmark them for later reference. Look forward to seeing you on the forum in the future. And you will find out we are not all business all the time.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi Rob

A huge welcome from Florida.  It's always wonderful to have newbies on the forum.  You keep the rest of us from getting stale and add more to our treasure trove of tips and tricks. JB's right about this being a great time to peruse the forum and get a feel for who we are and soak up some of the great knowledge that we've acquired and shared over the years of battling with these challenges.

As for the "chatterbox," there's no one here by that name.  I have no idea where that came from.  JB, what have I missed?  Besides all my OPR buddies!

Rob, I expect you'll become one of those buddies in short order.  I'm glad you're with us.

Cheers and hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)