• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Color Profiles in Browsers

Started by Mike S., September 21, 2011, 11:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Good day all,

We have had a lot of discussion regarding the reviewing of color photos in different browsers. Please see the internet address below to test your browser:

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Graphics/ColorProfiles/

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link and that makes me think that I'm incorrect in saying that Internet Explorer doesn't accept color profiles. Here is another link that is interesting on color profiles and the different browsers:
http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Very interesting. I tested it and it seems Firefox is the best colour managed browser on my computer. I was surprised Google Chrome was no better that IE7.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

Good day all,

I ran a test today between IE 9, Firefox 6 and Safari 5 and got the best results on IE9.

Mike
Mike S.

Tori803

I found that Firefox and IE gave equal results, but Opera, Chrome, and Safari didn't do so well.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

schen

I was attending a conference at a hotel last month.  A friend of mine asked about the pictures I took at a birthday party that I uploaded in a Picasa Web Album.  I went to the guest computer room.  The computers had really nice monitor.  It ran a proprietary privacy browser, the one that promised to erase everything after you close the browser window.  I opened the album and saw the thumbnail of the picture that showed the centerpiece wrapped in red fabric.  I click open the file and it showed the centerpiece wrapped in dark brown fabric!

I could not believe my own eyes and closed the window and reopen it three more times.  Every time, I got the same results: red thumbnail and brown picture.

That is my worst color management story.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Shujen, that is funny, but enough to make you think you are loosing it!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]