• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........

Started by cmpentecost, October 06, 2007, 05:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Only in Montana do we get a 9" snowstorm in October!  However, we did go an buy our season ski passes today!   :)

Chris

truckersau

cmpentecost

Yup!  The house is our neighbors.  My husband just finished shoveling all of the snow off our porch.  We have a nice fire going in the fireplace this afternoon, since the power was off for about 4 hours.

Chris

truckersau

Just think, since the youngest two grandkids are on school break at the moment, I was sitting on the beach with them.

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

That is so beautiful Christine. I do love the snow but rarely get to see it here without a long drive. I'm like Ray though, was deciding to take the dog to the beach on this beautiful day.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rockthumper

Great photo Christine!  8)  Love that stuff...

Hannie

I can't believe how beautiful that looks!  I am very jealous now, you are so lucky to live in a place that looks like that... :wow:
Thanks for sharing, Christine!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

What a gorgeous shot, Chris!

As much as I prefer the warm weather of Florida, I never cease to be awestruck at the beauty of the landscape after a snow.  What an incredible view!  You must live in one of the most beautiful spots in the States.  And the best part is that you appreciate where you are: hiking, skiing, sitting in front of the fireplace...  Do Max and Winchester like to sit on the hearth?  I have a couple of cats (Aaron Neville in particular) who'll get so close to the fire that it seems as if they'd get burned.

Stay warm and enjoy that wonderful expanse outside your window.  Thanks for sharing the view!

Hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

I went to National Weather Service Forecast Chicago Office Open House today.  This is the second open house they held after moving to the current location about 10 years ago.  The last one was rainy and near freezing, so they moved the date few weeks earlier.  Average high temperature should be about 65F (18C).  It went up to 87F (30C) with 84% humidity.

December 2006
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

cmpentecost

We have clear blue skies this morning and bright sunshine, and it's gorgeous outside.  It looks like a post card, or Christmas card!  What's fun about new snowfall is we get to see the tracks of all the critters that wander thru our yard, and this morning, we had bear tracks everywhere.  We also had our birdfeeder knocked down and emptied by the bear.  We also had a herd of about 30-40 elk in the neighbors field last night.  Just a regular zoo around here!

Christine

kiska

QuoteJust a regular zoo around here!

I'm jealous¡
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Thats a beautiful scene Chris, you could go into the Christmas Card business with shots like that, makes me real envious sitting here at 11am with the temp going through 32 C.

I have only ever seen snow anything like that, and that was when we got caught in an unseasonal snow storm in the Snowy Mountains (Australian Alps) one Easter, and I didn't really get to appreciate it at that time, the Park Rangers had closed the road after we entered, and suddenly we were in this storm with just about Nil visibility, and 3-4" snow on top of ice and no snow chains, and not another soul around, took about two hours of sliding into and digging, myself out of gutters before I could get back unto the Snowy Mountains Highway, under reconstruction at the time, and another 30 miles of snow and axle deep slush to reach civilisation.

I would like to see Snow under more propitious circumstances next time.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Johnboy

Christine,

Great shot. However here in southwest Ohio we broke a record high temp today of 91 degrees (F). The old record set back in 1941 was 89. Now if you could get that snow down here in our heat we could at least get some water for the fields and yards. It has been extremely dry this summer. Upwards of 14 inches of rain below normal. I imagine other parts of the southeast U.S. would like some of that too. That same front that gave you snow will only give us scatter showers by Tuesday. I really shouldn't complain. Come January or February we may be up to our knees and higher in snow.

Johnboy