• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New here.

Started by truckersau, September 20, 2007, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Hi everyone.
I'm new here, Rockthumper was kind enough to give me the links to join.
Just a little about me,
Name - Ray.
Live - Australia (Sydney).
Ok, I have a couple of questions if anyone can help with. I have been having a look around, but I'm just not to sure where or how to get the photos that need repairing.
Thanks in advance.

cmpentecost

Hi Ray,

Welcome to OPR!!!  I should be sending you an email shortly with all of the instructions.  I've been out of town for a week, so haven't gotten to all my OPR duties yet.  I think my welcome email will answer all of your questions, but if not, send me an email to [email protected].

I don't have any photos in my gallery at the moment, but hope to get some up by Sunday at the latest.

Glad to have you aboard!

Christine Pentecost
Distribution Coordinator

Johnboy

Ray,

Welcome on board. Don't be afraid to ask questions of this group. The only dumb question is the one not asked. While you are waiting for Christine to get some photos up nose around the forum as there are lots of good things to read.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi Ray

It's great to have another Aussie on board. I look forward to your diving in and being part of the forum.  We aim to help... And offer encouragement... And sometimes make you laugh (and sometimes cry! -- well, not the volunteers, but sometimes the restorations!)

JB's right.  This is a great time to "stroll" through the forum and get an idea of what OPR is about.  Especially check out the Tool Bar, where there are some wonderful threads about where we're all from, why we joined OPR, and many other topics that might strike your interest.  Or look through the "working" threads.  There's great information to glean from our efforts at getting the restorations back to their owners.

You've just joined a terrific family.

Welcome!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Ray and welcome. There's definitely a ton of reading here and some great tips and tricks. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rockthumper

Hi Ray,
Good to see you here!  :) Christine will explain how the system works - the main difference from Flickr is you have to request a photo and, if it is allocated to you, then it's yours alone (unless you decide it's not working out and call for help or return it). As you'll see when you look around the forum a lot of the work gets done without comment but the forums are there for help, to exchange information with others on fixing damage, difficult photos or just asking for fresh eyes on a problem.
From what I've seen of your work you'll be a great contributor here. 8)
RT.

sanbie

Hi Ray and welcome to the forum...always nice to see another Aussie...

If you look through the forum you will find pages that will help you to place pics here..how to upload to photoshelter and many many more tips...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Mhayes

Hi Ray,

Glad you are signed on! Get ready to have some fun and a chance to really make a difference to those whose photos have been damaged.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome Ray, glad you've joined us!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Hi Ray and welcome to the gang! :up:
It's great to have another fellow Aussie on board, where in Sydney are you from?

Vicki

truckersau

Thank's everybody for the warm welcome.
RT, I only hope I can live upto your expectations of me.
Apart from that I'm only to glad to do what I can to help.
Ratz, I'm from just outside of Liverpool.

Ratz

Ray, that's really cool! I originally come from Campbelltown, although I've been dragged off to Kempsey now.
I still miss Sydney but the weather is better here.

Tess (Tassie D)

lol its a small world, my Aunt lives in Campbelltown.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]