• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

An easy one

Started by Tess (Tassie D), September 13, 2007, 02:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

This is an easy one but I'm not entirely sure if the section beside the boy level with his head is damage or some flowers/leaves?

Full size
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1246/1369356751_b133af0027_b.jpg
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rockthumper

Looks like a pink flower and a big green leaf, then damage below that with maybe some white flowers? 

Hannie

Hard to say Tess, could be damage or a flower.  When you look at left side at about hip level of the mother there is a similar spot which makes me think it is damage and not a flower.  There are grasslike green leaves behind the "flower" and elsewhere in the picture.  Also it is not so common for bright flowers like that to bloom so near and under a large tree?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

I thought grass but since I've cleaned it up it sort of caught my eye a bit. I was thinking maybe a bunch of flowers that they had picked. I think I'll go with grass though just to be safe.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

I think its a flower..because if you look there is another one just above it...Just not sure where the green bleed came from though so I understand your confusion...

SAnbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Hi Tess

I think the area is a small flower garden.  The tall flower could be a carnation, and the lower growth looks to me like hydrangea or begonias.  They could all grow in shade.  The clumps of color seem too integrated to be damage.  The dark green area?  Not sure.  Possibly a moss-covered stone?  Or a small mass of ground cover?

For what it's worth.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks for the input. Heres where I'm at with it, opinions welcome. Leave the green in or take it out?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Tess I would take that out...I just did a quick example..

Sanbie

* Oops sorry edited to put in thumbnail
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. It's just too green. Theres nothing else that colour in the whole photo.
On a side note PSP has just released X2 http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1185293061925# I'll have to check it out.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

phischer

Yeah that green thing is really weird. It's hard to tell what it could be if it is part of the picture. There are definitely flowers there somewhere, but I think that green glob is just damage of some kind.  When you do global color corrections on this one that spot just gets really unnaturally deep green.  Also if I were you I'd maybe revisit the color correction you've done here.  Currently it somehow looks almost like an infared photo.  It has an unnatural quality to it.  Your white areas especially have become blown-out with very little detail.

rockthumper

Leaf, or rock, or damage,  I'd get rid of it - it's way too distracting.
RT.

Tess (Tassie D)

I got rid of it and toned the pic back down. Was hoping blowing the colours up a bit could identify that green blob but its not much help on a small snapshot. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]