• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Biloxi Beacon

Started by glennab, August 24, 2007, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanbie

The photos are great and puts all Glennas words into proper pictures in my mind!!

Welcome home Christine...sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with your flights and luggage...Rest now as you deserve it!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

cmpentecost

Our fearless leader eating a beignet at Cafe Dumond. 

Chris

Tess (Tassie D)

What a time you had Christine. I hope they find your luggage soon. Oh yum, whatever that is it looks nice, good pic of the fearless leader.  ;D
The other pics are great, gives us an idea of what it was like. I noticed many people with whole albums of phtots though. It must have been hard for them to decide which ones to get done and which to leave. It's a pity we couldnt offer a digital email restoration where the people scan and send the photos in and we restore and email them back for them to get printed at their local photo shop.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi Tassie,

A beignet is pretty much like a fried donut, and it's square in shape, and they put a whole bunch of powdered sugar on top.  This is a New Orleans tradition.  They serve these with chicory coffee.

I got my luggage about an hour ago, so after a good nights sleep tonight, I hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

Chris

Ratz

Welcome back Chris, and welcome to your luggage also :up:

Mhayes

Hi Chris,

Welcome back!

After looking at this picture of our fearless leader; I realized that it was actually a challenge to us to restore. This was really tough but I tried to put myself in Dave's place.  :)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Dave

Isn't defacing the president against the OPR guidelines? I know I read that somewhere...
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Dave

...if not, I'll have to write that in.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

cmpentecost

glennab

Another bit for the Beacon:

First of all, Margie, I love your restoration work on Dave.  One of the things I wanted before I left was a real New Orleans beignet.  Stinkin' work just so interferes with my life!  A face covered with powdered sugar is the very least Mr. Ellis should suffer for having beignets without me!

This evening, I'm going to share some of our more memorable quips and quotes.  I'm not going to tell you who the culprits are, but I think you'll enjoy the funny ones, as well as appreciate the poignant ones.  Some are paraphrased, as many were overheard in the midst of all the chaos of doing the copy work or when I was in a state of total exhaustion.

In no particular order:

"I'm changing my nickname to The Ogre.  Really."

"I hate each and every one of you."

"I can't make the camera work."

"Two animals have to die to make a pizza worth eating."

"I think the maid drank some of my wine."

"This was my son.  He committed suicide."

"I'm fine."

"I'm good."

"I think I'll try one of those pain pills now."

"Come on. Strike that famous pose!"

"My cat can say 'water.'  Really."

"The big yellow house in pieces in the water behind the President was mine."

"The pharmacy is open."

"This was my son.  He died of a massive heart attack at 46.  I only have this one picture of him."

"I believe Christine has the best shots of the bull."

"I'm concerned about the taco crops in the mid-west."

"They probably wouldn't give us a table because I look so scruffy."

"We went to a wedding a while back that didn't last long enough to send out the thank-you notes."

(Upon hearing a child wailing in the library hallway) "That would be Dave!"

I wish I could remember more.  Those were the most interesting ones I could recall.  Enjoy.

Bless!

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote(Upon hearing a child wailing in the library hallway) "That would be Dave!"

lol it really is pick on Dave day.  :funny:

Quote"My cat can say 'water.'  Really."

Would that be a Glenna quote?  ;D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Wow, you heard so much more than I did Glenna.  But MY QUOTE is for REAL! (beware of the maids who sip your wine out of the mini fridge in your room).

Chris

klassylady25

OH, how I remember those jewels so very well!!  I want one!!! 

kiska

QuoteBut MY QUOTE is for REAL! (beware of the maids who sip your wine out of the mini fridge in your room).

hmmmmm. Charlene sure was mighty worried about her vino stash.  :cool:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro