• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How am I doing..

Started by phischer, July 30, 2007, 06:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phischer

Arrrggg....well it's been a while since I've gotten to work on this. I've had it for far too long now.  I'm almost there. The face is still not quite right, but this one is tough due to  the face that there is very little detail at all.  Anyone have any further suggestions or see anything I missed? thanks.

Tess (Tassie D)

He's looking really great. I'd make the eyes a fraction bigger and put a hint of eyebrows in.

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=babyou2.jpg
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Phil

I think you need to get more texture and detail back into the image.  And definitely his (her) eyes are larger in the original.  In your final, I also think they're too dark for the softness of the rest of the face.  I played around and pulled up a little more detail.  Don't know if this'll help, but I thought I'd give it a try.  You picked a really, really tough one.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n222/glennab-fla/ForPhil.jpg

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

phischer

Wow I just looked at this now with fresh eyes and it scares me!  :crazy:
I've got some work to do tomorrow. ;D  I've got to redo those eyes.

Glenna-I would love to add some more texture and detail back to it, but there's no texture or detail there to work with.

glennab

Phil -- try this:  go back to your original, dupe the background layer and set it to multiply.  I took my version much further than that, tweaking channels, etc., because I wanted to see how much of his eyes I could get to show, but even the multiplied layer alone evidences some grain, texture and a bit more detail.  It's definitely a very soft photo, but possibly if you combine your version with a multiplied layer you could get a little more dimension and the shape of his eyes.  I realize my version has crappy color and is way too harsh, but as I said, I was trying to see how much could be pulled out, if for nothing more than a template.

It's tough when you have so many opinions, and it' all subjective, but the more input you get, the more you're able to see different perspectives and get totally confused.  Doncha love it?

Good luck!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

phischer

OK here's where I am today. I don't know how much more I can do on this.