• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How am I doing..

Started by phischer, July 30, 2007, 06:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phischer

I reworked the hands and a few other minor tweaks. Anyone have any other suggestions before I call this done? I feel like there is something off, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe if I take a look at it tomorrow I will figure it out.

kstruve

I think it's looking very good.  Other than nit-picky things I can't see much of anything that needs to be done.  You've done a great job with this photo!

Kurt

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Looks great phischer.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

OPRAng

Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

glennab

Phisher, I can't believe what a great image you got out of the muck.  The baby looks fantastic.  The only pick I have are his/her thumbs.  It almost looks as if you could pare a little off the one to our right and add it to the one on the left, and they'd be about the right size.  Small stuff for such a great job.

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

phischer

Thanks for the compliments. Here's my final.

Lorraine

phischer,

All I can say is Wow.  Great job.

Lorraine

phischer

Here's my current project.  I'm moving along slowly on this one as I have been pretty swamped with work.  I figured I'd post where I'm at now so if anyone has any comments or suggestions I can address them before I get much further in. My biggest concern is the face. I fell like I can "see" this cute baby underneath there, but I'm having some difficulty getting any real detail in the face. As a result, I've not done much to the face just yet.  Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, all.
Work In Progress:

Original:

Hannie

Hi Phil,

You already have done a lot of work in this picture!  I spent the last hour trying to find more detail, to no avail.  The only suggestion I have is that you have a look at the magenta channel in CMYK for the facial features.

I also restored one of the Volpek children's portraits.  It amazed me how long it took before I got rid of all those brown specks and it it was even a better photo than yours to begin with!
You can always emphasize the eyes and mouth and only clean up the rest of the face as much as possible but leaving it soft focus.

I love the beige and lightblue tone of the photo, great job!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Phischer,

Great job on both pictures!

I have one question for Hannie: When you decide to work on the channels in CMYK, do you do it at the start of restoring the picture. The reason I ask is that I hear stories about how you can get in trouble switching back and forth between RGB and CMYK. I've played around in Lab, but was never sure about using the CMYK channels when RGB was the final destination.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, so far I have only looked at CMYK at the start of of a restoration.  I have not had any trouble yet in changing back to RGB mode after using CMYK so I am not sure what could go wrong in that department.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

What a little cutie. Great job so far on him. :up:

Not a lot of help on the face. I ran it through a couple of filters to try and bring out the detail.

I can see fingers on his left hand. The pinky is all visible with shadow underneath while the others are curled under.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Wow I think you have done wonders with this so far...and is that the filter Tess?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

Yep Sanbie thats the digital Roc one I think.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Tassie, I dont' have it, but it's suppose to be one of the best out on the market.  May have to start saving those pennys even faster!!  Great definition.  The color is very good!