• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Some good eyes needed

Started by sanbie, July 29, 2007, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats looking good round the face Sanbie. I get a different picture of his body, I thought he was a toddler. Here is where I thought everything was.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Sanbie & Tess

It's those beat up old eyes again.  I studied this photo for a long time last night, and I came up with a different perception of what might be there.  First of all, Tess, I agree with you about the position of his (her?) arms and hands.  But where you show the legs and feet, I see what could be an adult's arms (the grey areas with the red stripes would be cuffs) around him and he's gripping the cuffs.  (so much for the belt theory!  Hey, I see faces in the pattern on our terrazo floor -- give me long enough...)  Maybe rather than a seat behind him, which was my first impression, there's the upper body of the person enfolding him.  But I couldn't find feet, hands (of the possible person holding him) or anything else definable.  I'm wondering if you carefully clone around the areas of color in the background where there's no detail to identify, something would appear just by joining the different colors.  The white areas are empty of image, so that might have to be left.

I think you're on the right track with the face, but I'd get the background back in and try to "connect the dots" and see if anything shows.

Not a lot of help, which is why I didn't post last night.  Too pooped to try to gather my thoughts and give them to you in any understandable manner.  I still probably haven't, but I wanted to give you some feedback.

Have a great Aussie day (night?)!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Ok well if you just lightly go over where you have the right hand(our left) you will see it's another red square...it's almost like the jacket is random patches???

Where you have drawn his right foot Tess(our left) if you again go lightly over that you will see that is a hand...1 thumb and 2 fingers can be clearly seen... and that is Santas arm I am convinced of that and that is why he has his left arm all squashed as it's leaning against Santa...

here is the original in the lage size...

Poo they keep resizing it!!

Sanbie

paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

lol Now I don't know what I see, its like a kaleidoscope of colours. I do agree that someone is holding the little fellow. I think it's one that is too damaged to get much more than the face out of?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Well at least you offered a suggestion Tess and I always go away and look when I get suggestions...So thank you for taking the time to try!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

klassylady25

Have you thought of Flickr for sharing the original size of a photo.  Though there is only a link to use you can upload your original give us the link and we can see it there.  I've given you two examples so that you can see the varied sizes.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1407/876012866_ef74d709b6_o.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1129/840275180_b96f9e462f_o.jpg

Something you may want to think about.  I also use Image Shack in conjuction with Flickr when needed

sanbie

I must be doing something wrong here as it changes size here as well...I dont get it? Do I just make a duplicate of the original and post that instead?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

sanbie

Forgot to put...I am sooo angry..I had done this and it was taking shape beautifully...I was actually very pleased with how it was turning out...

BUT i got carried away doing the repair and forgot to do saves..and POOF My psp closed and I lost the lot!! All that hard work gone!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

Oh no Sanbie. couldn't you just hit something.  :knuppel: I hate it when that happens.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

I haven't even looked at it this morning as I am still so upset...I always do saves...so stupid of me!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Sanbie -- So sorry that you lost your work.  I suspect we've all been through that awful experience.  Leaves an empty feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it?  Take a positive turn and look at the work you lost as great practice for the even better image you're going to SAVE this time.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

You'll find that success is directly proportional to the "oops" along the way.  Start over!  Save often.....  lol  Glenna is right, we've all done it somewhere along the way.  I was fond of electrical spikes, due to heat, in the old house.  Just about the time I'd have the picture ready to save... spike! and poof..... back the last save point.  Can't wait to see your new work.

Tess (Tassie D)

Sanbie if you have plenty of memory in your computer you should turn on the autosave. :)

To set the autosave preferences
1.   Choose File  Preferences  Autosave Settings. The Autosave dialog box appears.
2.   Mark the Enable autosave check box.
3.   Type or set a value in the Minutes control. Click ok.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

I have a 160GB external drive that I do all my saving to...and 2 internals ...1 40GB and the other 80GB...but doesn't the auotsave save it to my pictures in my documents?...I dont have anything in there Lol..Oh hang on I lie..I have the sample folder!

Anyway I went back to it...tell me what you think? Or am I meant to leave the mess in the background?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Hannie

Sanbie, I think it is up to you whether or not you leave the background as it is or to replace it?  You have put Santa in there so a new background would suit the photo just fine in my modest opinion.  :halo:
You have done a wonderful job!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]