• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hey everyone

Started by Kenny, July 29, 2007, 03:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Hi guys ( I know, OPR is mostly female, but I have a bad habit of calling groups "guys")

Anyway, I don' feel I warrant starting an actual thread about me, but I've already had some messages, so I'll explain my absence in one place. (lazy, I know )

As many of you know, I've suffered with PTSD and depression stemming from childhood abuse. I've been in and out of the hospital and been in therapy for many years and have my ups and downs. I fell down so hard this time I feel like I fell off the edge of the earth  ;D

My grandparents are the people who ended up raising me. They're more like my parents then grandparents and we're very close. My grandpa has been very sick for a number of years and I've been helping him..He was always such a strong man physically and it was so hard watching him have trouble even walking across the room. He's had two heart bypass surgeries and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. When he was diagnosed with CHF, the doctor told him he had a year at the most to live.

Well, my grandpa was stubborn and refused to just lay down and die. He managed to live 7 years. He passed away a month ago.  Losing him was so hard, but I have to be strong for my grandma. She needs me now. She only lives about a mile away from my wife and I , so I go check on her at least daily, if not 2 or 3 times a day.

She's doing pretty well considering she lost her husband of 61 years. I'm actually doing better as well. This has forced me to get out of the house more, which is a good thing.

I'm going to try to get back up to full speed here at OPR. I believe in what we're doing. Besides, I love and miss all you guys (there goes that word again ).

Oh, one more thing. My son finally had his back surgery and is doing wonderfully. He's already back to work as a nurses aid and starts college next month to be an RN. I'm very proud of him.

Well, I've been long winded enough, so I'll close.

Thanks for the kind words and it's good to be back.

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

cmpentecost

Glad to have you back Kenny!   :hug:

Christine

glennab

Kenny -- one more welcome.  Call me a guy if you want.  I am just so pleased that you're back.  What I wanted to tell you was how glad I am that Bud is doing well.  I've been concerned about him since he hurt his back.  It's wonderful that he's at work and preparing to go to college.  And he's chosen a great field.  No wonder you're so proud of him.  Please tell him that I send him hugs, too.

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Well Kenny you were here before me and I only know you from reading the threads...but welcome back!
You sure have come through a lot in your life so far and you should be proud that you have managed to get this far...being there for your grandma says how much of a big heart you have...I do hope to see you here in the future!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Mhayes

Hi Kenny,
Thanks for your helpful suggestions on restoring. Being one of the guys here sounds like a pretty good deal. Sorry to hear about your loss.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Kenny, like Sanbie I don't really know you but welcome back. Sorry to hear of your loss but like your Grandpa it sounds like you have a good dose of determination. You should be very proud of your son, nursing is a wonderful profession.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Kenny,

It is good to see you back!  I have missed you input and your helpful suggestions during your absence, as well as being worried about your wellbeing.

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandad, it is such a big loss, but even out of grief comes some benefit if it has helped you and made you stronger, I'm glad to hear that Bud has had his surgery and that all has gone well for him.

Looking forward to seeing your ever helpful post again, we have a whole new group of members waiting to be whipped into shape, so you have plenty of work waiting.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kstruve

Kenny,

Good to hear from you again.  I'm sorry about your Grandpa.  Sounds like he was a really great man.  I'm glad you're getting out more and that you hope to get more involved here at OPR again.  Sometimes the best medicine is getting busy and involved in things again.

Best wishes,
Kurt

Dave

Kenny,

Nothing original to say other than a very hearty welcome back.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

John

Kenny,

Welcome back to the boards!

Wow, 61 years of marriage.  One word comes to mind and that is 'integrity'. You can be very proud that your grandfather left such a great legacy.

You could have walked away from OPR, but we're a little bit stronger now that you're back.

Thanks!

John

Ratz

Kenny it's so great to hear from you!! I am deeply sorry about your Grandpop. But you have had some good news too with your son!
Life is great Kenny, enjoy! :-*

Ziaphra

Nice to see you again Kenny! :)