• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OMG I AM BLIND!!

Started by sanbie, July 22, 2007, 11:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanbie

I have only just seen and watched the 'You Tube' video...It is awesome..well done and brilliantly put together!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

John

Quote from: sanbie on July 22, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
I have only just seen and watched the 'You Tube' video...It is awesome..well done and brilliantly put together!

Sanbie

The bigger sized version can be seen on the OPR homepage in case you don't like to squint. lol.

glennab

John

That begs the question, which I've never seen asked or answered.  Who put that masterpiece together?  No matter how many times I see it, it moves me!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

And what program he used to put it together with...I love the whole thing...and the song is awesome..First time I have heard it..but I love it...Whats the name of the song?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

The music is the song "Home" by Marc Broussard I think.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

John

Marc Broussard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marc Broussard (born January 14, 1982) is an American singer and songwriter. His style is best described as "Bayou Soul," a mix of funk, blues, R&B, rock, and pop, matched with distinct Southern roots.

The Louisiana native released his first major album, Carencro, (with Island Records) on August 3, 2004. The album's title pays tribute to the musician's hometown of Carencro, Louisiana.

Broussard previously released several independent efforts, including 2002's Momentary Setback which spawned the hit "The Wanderer", a song about self discovery. A re-worked version of the song appears on Carencro. As of July 2005, "Home" was released as a single.

Discography
Momentary Setback (2002)
Carencro (2004)
Bootleg to Benefit the Victims of Hurricane Katrina (2005)
S.O.S.: Save Our Soul (2007)

Trivia
Was part of the Christian band, Y.
His father is Louisiana Hall of Fame guitarist Ted Broussard.
Has a son named Gavin. Marc wrote "Gavin's Song" for him. Also has another young son, Gibb.
Has toured with Maroon 5, Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews Band, Will Hoge, and Gavin DeGraw, Citizen Cope among others.
Doesn't have a great interest in computers or the internet - [yet he has a huge presence on MySpace.com].
On her 'Addicted' summer tour, Kelly Clarkson covered Broussard's song "Home" during a majority of the shows she played.
He got married on the Rock Boat VII in the Caribbean to the mother of his 2 children.

sanbie

OMG I loved the song 'the wanderer'!!! Thanks for the info...now I will have to get it!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Sanbie, you might as well go ahead and get his whole collection.  Every song is worth having.  I've introduced Marc's music to a number of friends and co-workers -- and hubby -- and they just go nuts!  And Home is the usual no. 1 favorite -- although I love The Wanderer as well.  Most of my work days are spent listening to him on my I-Pod.  He's the best!  We saw him in concert, and my husband, who was at one time a professional guitarist and is a curmudgeon of a critic was completely taken in at the concert.  Had not one complaint.  I wasn't sure if I was with the right guy.

Glenna

P.S. I've gotten my music by Marc from awarestore.com.  Not only do they send you any album you've ordered, but they usually include an "authorized bootleg" or a collection of other artists worth listening to -- for free.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Wow live concert ...you lucky things...I don't get to go to live concerts..too expensive for me...I bet it was great!!
I am going to get the Album as I love the sound of his voice!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

OPRAng

Dave and Becky put the movie together using iMovie. The song is in fact "Home" by Marc Broussard. We sent the movie to Brickwall Management and Marc Broussard and they agreed to allow us to use it for our purposes free of charge because they loved what OPR was about. We owe them a great deal of thanks!

I have seen it a thousand times and still get choked up when I see it...
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

sanbie

I know I have been back several times to watch it now...I think they whole thing is so heart felt...I actually sent the link to all my friends in an email!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

phischer

Cool video...nice job with that.  There are some fabulous restorations featured in there.  It just makes me all the more anxious to see a before and after gallery added to the site.

glennab

Sanbie, we can't afford to go to concerts, either.  This was one of those weird, serendipitous things that still blows me away.  I'd just had a meeting the previous Friday with the president of our company, who told me he was cutting my hours.  I was hurt, furious -- and darn mad, too.  I wrote him a scathing letter in response to our meeting over that weekend.  Monday he wandered by (after reading the letter, no less) and told me he had two tickets to see Marc Broussard but he had another commitment and asked if I'd like the tickets. (I'd given him Carencro, because I knew he'd like Marc's music.  He did so much that the tickets were a father's day gift from one of his daughters)  I turned him down at first, because I thought Marc was only playing in Orlando and I didn't want to drive that far on a school night.  Then I found out the concert was in downtown St. Petersburg.  I live on the south end of St. Pete, so I jumped on them.  And I'm here to tell you, Mr. Broussard gave a kick-a?? concert.  When we walked up to the venue (it was outside), we could hear him warming up with the band, and even that would have been worth going downtown.  Lots of fun for a couple of old farts!  First time hubby has enjoyed a concert in years.

The prez took the whole crew to see John Mayer in Tampa a few years ago, and although it was way too loud, I loved the music.  Mayer's lead-in band was Maroon Five.  For months all I heard about was the awful night we spent at "that noise place" and how much he hates "Purple V."  As I said earlier: CURMUDGE!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

When things like that happen..isn't gulit a wonderful thing! :funny: :funny:

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

NO GUILT!

I've worked my butt off for this guy for 9 years.  Been his substitute art director every time he chews one up and spits him out (that would be 6 in 9 years -- mega talent).  Refuse to be his AD because he's so anal it's terrifying!  One of our art directors had the best line I'd heard in years:  Since the prez is detail oriented and anal retentive, doesn't that make him a detail oriental?  That was office fodder for months!  If he only knew.

Conversely, he's extremely generous (hence the tickets), great fun when he's away from the office, and basically a very decent person.  He just drives us all crazy!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)