• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Suggestions please

Started by schen, July 13, 2007, 08:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

I think it's some kind of ceremony and lady #1 is pinning something on #2; so #2's arms would probably be down.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

It is a chair back.   And no the arm is dangling, you can make out the sleave of the older woman's dress. 

sanbie

After looking at this one a bit more...I think the arm is lady 1... no 4 is the table...no 5 is lady 3 knee...and the front arm on lady 2 goes down the inside of the chair and her other arm the elbow is on the table and her hand is just above lady no 1...

Just to add more confusion!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Ratz

Well spotted Sanbie, I think that's exactly how it is!

sanbie

Why thank you...Sometimes it's deceiving as to just is what and where...I am sure we have all been there!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

schen

Thanks.  These have been very helpful.  With the suggestions, I started seeing something different.

I think lady #2 had her chest facing toward lady #1.  We see her back and left shoulder/arm.  Her forearm was behind the chairback.  Her right arm is behind her body and not visible.

Here are my current interpretations:
A. The back of #2
B. The left arm of #2
C. The skirt of #3
D. The right arm of #1
E. The table
F. The chair back #2 sit on
G. ???
H. Table again?
I. something #1 is holding with her right hand?
J. ???

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

sanbie

I think G is the knee of lady between #1 and #3 ...H is front of #2 T-Shirt who I think is now a male!! I dont think she is holding anthing in her hand I think that is the hand of #2

Just to confuse you more!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

I think you nailed it with B Chen. That looks like lady no 2's arm with her elbow resting on the back of the chair.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

This is coming along very slowly.  Some days I was wondering whether I was making any progress.

Shujen Chen

Lorraine

The hands on the table and placement of man's arm on the back of the chair look very natural.  I think you've done a great job on this. 

Lorraine

Ratz

Well done Chen! You've cleaned it up amazingly well.
You certainly picked a doozey with this one! but it's looking great.

sanbie

So glad you picked this and not me!! You are doing a marvellous job with it!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

schen

I have been sitting on this one long enough and could not make much progress.  Often I was wondering whether I was restoring or painting.  Should I stop and turn this in or should I work on it more?

Shujen Chen

kstruve

I don't think there's a heck of a lot else you can do with this photo.  I'd say, "good enough" and move on to the next one.  Looks good!

Kurt

Ratz

I agree with Kurt on this one, I think you've done about all that can be done.A good job on a very bad photo :up: