• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Before and After gallery?

Started by Ausimax, July 12, 2007, 11:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

I think it would be nice to have a Before and After gallery, you see all the damaged photos in the PhotoShelter gallery, however because so few of the members actually post any of their work in the forum we never get to see the restored images.

Perhaps OPR could contact ImageShack regarding this, their free image hosting has no limit on the number of photos posted the only problem is you have to buy credits to do multiple uploads, though they may negotiate on that for a good cause.

I don't know if others would be in favour of this, but I get bored with only ever seeing my own crappy work, and viewing the work of others always seems to inspire you to do better yourself.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

cmpentecost

I think it's a great idea Max, especially for new volunteers or curiosity seekers looking at our forum.  I think the rule would be that it wouldn't be the place to post critiques or suggestions...just a place to show "this is what I've done'.  If they want feed back, that should be in the easy/intermediate/diffucult section.  I actually had a new volunteer recently as me if we had a before and after gallery, so I think this is a very good idea.

Christine

John

I think that this sort of gallery would really be a compelling exhibit of the actual work we do.  Granted we have the small 'portfolio' on the main OPR site, but to really chronicle the work that we've done, I think a gallery would be invaluable in telling the OPR story.  Imagine one of those mosaic pictures of a Katrina scene made out of all of the restorations that we've done.  Talk about an auction item!

There is a gallery function available for this forum software that I could activate as a 'beta' of sorts, but I'll leave that decision up to Dave and Ang.  But it's definitely doable.

Ratz

Fantastic idea!!!! I'm all for it!! :up:

sanbie

I think it's a wonderful idea I love looking at the ones on here that have been shown!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

schen

I love the idea.  I think it will be a great way for me to learn from the experts here.  :up:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Hi

I like the idea of a gallery, as long as it's for exhibit only and not for comments.  Most of us post our work in progress, but the final restoration isn't seen; it's just returned.  I know I'd love to see the befores and afters, especially from people who are expert enough to not have to post for help but just do wonderful work on their own.  Worth considering, I think.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

OPRAng

John, Let's talk and we'll get back to everyone on it...
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

paula

I think this is a wonderful idea that we have all been longing for.  The thought of a mosaic of all the Katrina restorations gives me chills.  I like the way your mind works, John. :loveit:
Paula

Lorraine

Great idea.  I would love to see all the before and after photos.

Lorraine

sanbie

I just thought wouldn't it take up a lot of room?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Ausimax

Shouldn't take up all that much room Sanbie, they need only be about the size we post in the forum and about 100 Kb each, and if OPR don't have the storage space there are always places like ImageShack and probably others who would come to the party for a good cause.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

John

fyi, I'm going to look at a couple different options this week and with any luck we'll have something up and running by the end of the month.  Just need to work out a few details and run it by the crew.