• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinions please

Started by Ratz, July 05, 2007, 08:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Vicki

I don't want to be a pain, but I feel that her feet still need work.  She looks as if she's standing on her toes, and I still think her feet should be longer. Gotta be honest with you, because you're my pal.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Thanks so much for the input Glenna, you are never a pain, I value your opinion.
I've sent baby home now, but I did finish her feet off before I sent her. :)

Ratz

Dave

It looks close. The few things that I notice right away :

The "cowlick" of hair at the top of the head in the original is missing in the restored version.

There needs to be some kind of shadowing between the full cheek and the neck. Again it's in the original, but not in the restored.

I'd also warm up the overall tone. The restored version has an overall bluish cast while the original is much warmer (some of it due to age and damage obviously).

Other than that, you're on the right track in my book.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Dave

The original may have been a hand-tinted image, so I wouldn't worry about your restoration looking too painterly.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

sanbie

Hope you don't mind...I had a play...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Ratz

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/vickisewell/OPR02/photo?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY#5086072013070969954

Thanks Dave for your input, I put the cowlick down to damage but I've done a bit more and it does look better...I think...
Warmed it up a bit and added shadow on the neck, see what you think.
Sanbie,that looks really great.

Thanks in advance Vicki.