• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinions please

Started by Ratz, July 05, 2007, 08:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratz

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/vickisewell/OPR02?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY

Hi Gurus,
would really like some opinions and views on how this pic is going and what I might do to improve it.
Thanks in advance guys and gals ;)

Ausimax

Hi Vicki,

You are doing well so far, only things that jump out at me so far are her eyes, they look maybe too large - they look almost a bit manic to me, its hard to tell with small images and they can look so different when they are cleaned up, the other thing is you seem to have made the leaves on the rose a lot larger - the rest - coming along nicely! :up2: 

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ratz

Thanks Max, the eyes were one area that just didn't look right to me,once I cleaned up the damage in the whites, they seemed "off"
Will keep plugging away at it.
Thanks, Vicki

glennab

Hi Vicki

The eyes popped out at me as well.  I think there may be too much contrast.  I'd make the whites less white and see what that does.  I did the same thing with my first restoration, and just subduing the white made all the difference in the world. Other than the eyes, what you've done so far looks great.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Mmm I think it's the reflection you have put in...to me the original doesn't have it ...But then I have an old monitor!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

kiska

I used a semi soft brush at about 50% to outline the girl's eyes. Color was sampled from her hair. Might soften them up a little.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/81766476

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ratz

Thanks Kiska,have made a few improvements and roughed in a few more areas, have a look and let me know what you think.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/vickisewell/OPR02/photo?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY#5084365163002768418

Thanks again, Vicki.

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Vikki

All the difference in the world!  She doesn't have that spooky wild-eyed look now.  One thing I noticed is that her feet seem too small.  From what I can see, the tip of her left foot appears to be partially outside the image.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Have to agree with Glenna on the left foot.  Use of your ruler guides will help give you a truer measurement.  Lurking in the shadows has it's advantages you know. 

Do you guys (for the northern folks)  ever wonder what these people looked like over the years?  I catch myself thinking about that while I'm working, that and more.  I wonder where their lives took them and did it take them where they wanted.  What were they like.  Before I ramble on, this little one is no exception. She was such a pretty little girl wasn't she?    :hug:  ahhhh back to work now

Ratz

Candy, she was such a lovely little girl, the photo attracted me because she is just so pretty.
You have no idea (or you probably do!) how much of a problem those feet caused me! I did them in the right size, spent all day on them and they looked so darned big...now they look too small!!
Thanks for your input guys, really appreciate it,I'll keep on and keep you posted.

glennab

Hi Candy

I wanted to let you know that you're not the only volunteer who wonders about the people in the photos we work on.  I chose my current restoration because the lady in the photo is so lovely and statuesque, and her dress (gown?) is beautifully designed.  I felt a connection with her somehow. Ditto the mother and daughter I worked on.  The little girl reminded me of myself when I was young.  I do wonder where they are, what they've been through, how old they are.  I can't imagine not feeling as if they're family, as familiar as we are with their images.  Every person in every restoration I've done has a very special place in my heart.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/vickisewell/OPR02/photo?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY#5084968975275043890

Okay, gurus, what do you think? I might add some noise to this, but I think she's just about ready to go home.

Opinions much appreciated!! :up:

Tess (Tassie D)

A beautiful job, the owners will be thrilled.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Nice one Vicki! :up:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!